Atari 2600 Secret Quest

Status
Not open for further replies.
XBox has a cool new thing called XBox LiveArcade. Original Coin Op versions of Dig Dug Pole Position, Galaga, and Ms. PacMan plus Bejeweled and a bunch of other games that get downloaded to your hard disk. May be of interest to old school fans.....

Demon attack was good, Grand Prix was a great game also, makes me sad that I gave a hugh box of games to a little kid a few years ago, but most of the games I had doubles, I need to find time to dig all these games out again, and see what I have. Qbert and dig dug where fun to play.

Mario Bros. on the 2600 had the best looking Mario & Luigi. :) It's also one of those games written to allow two player action.
The later Atari 2600 games on the 16k carts had improved graphics and are surprisingly good. Games like H.E.R.O, and the rare Pitfall II, Crystal Castles with Bentley Bear. :D
BTW Desert Falcon was written later for the 2600 and 7800, that was closer to the 3D nature of Zaxxon, than Zaxxon 2600.

Crystal Castles arcade

2600 Crystal Castles

Pitfall II

trey said:
Mario Bros. on the 2600 had the best looking Mario & Luigi. :) It's also one of those games written to allow two player action.
The later Atari 2600 games on the 16k carts had improved graphics and are surprisingly good. Games like H.E.R.O, and the rare Pitfall II, Crystal Castles with Bentley Bear. :D
BTW Desert Falcon was written later for the 2600 and 7800, that was closer to the 3D nature of Zaxxon, than Zaxxon 2600.

Crystal Castles arcade

2600 Crystal Castles

Pitfall II
The Coleco Zaxxon was very much like the arcade game...

http://www.atari.com/us/games/atari_anthology/xbox_live

Here's a link for all of you getting nostalgic now........ 85 Atari 2600 games on one disc

Available on Playstation and XBox (Plus... 10% off until Sunday 10am according to an email I got... I don't know if it is keyed to my email address or if it is available for everyone... it says it will show up in your cart when you checkout)

Oh man, I just saw one on the list I hadn't though about in 20 years....... Sky Diver... I used to play that one like crazy......

The anthology series play quite well emulation wise. Those Jakks 10 games in one are less accurate, but only those that have played the originals would know. ;)
This was a hoax but I think someone could do a homebrew version of Doom for the 2600 using a 1984-90 16k cart with the SARA chip. Especially given the 3D game Skeleton + which was fitted on just a 4k cart.

attachment.php

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts