ATSC 3.0 DRM Encryption

This may explain why Air tv 2 sling does not work properly.
I'm pretty sure that Airtv 2 does not work with ATSC 3. It is only designed to work with ATSC 1.0. As for working properly, mine works fine with ATSC 1.0 channels.

Reactions: c-spand
I'm pretty sure that Airtv 2 does not work with ATSC 3. It is only designed to work with ATSC 1.0. As for working properly, mine works fine with ATSC 1.0 cha
I'm pretty sure that Airtv 2 does not work with ATSC 3. It is only designed to work with ATSC 1.0. As for working properly, mine works fine with ATSC 1.0 channels.
I have been having trouble with the airtv2 crashing after a while. Error when tuning and no internet. Have to unplug and wait 5 min to reset. Barely had the dvr work. Using a android phone and roku express +. May I ask what you are using? Thanks

I use Android TV, Android phone, Roku's, and Fire TV (both tv and firestick). Roku's and Android phones work the best. I am connected via Ethernet. Yes the device is a little quirky but it works well overall.

I am confused about tuning with no internet. As I understand it Airtv requires internet to work, even if using on your home network.

I use Android TV, Android phone, Roku's, and Fire TV (both tv and firestick). Roku's and Android phones work the best. I am connected via Ethernet. Yes the device is a little quirky but it works well overall.

I am confused about tuning with no internet. As I understand it Airtv requires internet to work, even if using on your home network.
Oh tuning with internet. Just wasn't sure if out of the home network in another city works?

Thanks

According to the Antenna-man video the following markets have utilized DRM encryption of their ATSC 3.0 broadcast.
Miami, Florida
Orlando, Florida
Baltimore, Maryland
Cincinnati, Ohio,
Birmingham, Alabama
Louisville, Kentucky
Greensboro, North Carolina
New Orleans, Louisiana

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You can add Portland OR to the list now.

Oh tuning with internet. Just wasn't sure if out of the home network in another city works?
You can watch Airtv outside of your home network, as compared to the Tablo 4th Gen which does not have that funtionality.

As for your crashes, is it possible that you are losing internet connectivity for a short amount of time? This could possibly cause your app to "crash".