ATSC/NTSC Confusion

rookie36582

Original poster
Apr 1, 2006
Mobile,AL
I have a Vizio L32 HDTV that has two RF inputs, one for ATSC and the other for NTSC.I would like to get the Vizio vx37l and receive OTA HD and digital cable but it only has one RF input for ATSC or cable. I called the manufacturer and they suggested running the NTSC feed thru the vcr( which I don't have). Does anyone know of a solution to feed the digital cable to the t.v.? I don't have a cable box or dvr.:(

digital cable as in cable card or just whatever you're cable company sends without a box?

If w/ a cable card, you're screwed.

If not, then just connect your cable to the second tuner and have it scan for cable channels.

I had the same setup for a while.

I used a good quality splitter

I have the same setup in my motorhome. I connect the antenna / cable to the input of a 2 way splitter and the outputs to the two inputs. It scans and finds dtv / hdtv and analog. I think this is what you are asking.

Good luck
zippys

If I understand rookie right, there is only 1 input on the TV he wants to get. The Vizio vx37l only has 1 input. My Dad's TV only has 1 input as well. It scans for analog, then digital with one input. You are pretty much screwed with getting cable and antenna. They are right about using a vcr or dvd recorder. A cheap VCR would do the trick. I don't know why the manufactures are going this way.

He said quite clearly that there are two inputs. The problem is that one is NTSC and the other is ATSC AND Cable. To do what he wants--ATSC OTA and digital cable he needs anther tuner.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts