au9 directv dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

littlebill

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Dec 18, 2003
question? considering going to directv, would like to know if the new au-9 5 lnb would pick up my locals with out having a second dish. i am in the tecumseh mi. 49286? i am close to the ohio border so they don't offer me detroit locals just toledo.regards..

I'm in Lambertville in Monroe County so I get Detroit locals on the sat. I know since you are in Lenawee you get Toledo LIL, but not in HD yet.

JimboS is in Sylvania Ohio and is in the same situation as you. So I will defer to him if he contradicts my answer.

Yes you can use the new dish to get your locals (Toledo) off the Satellite.

I'm in Lambertville in Monroe County so I get Detroit locals on the sat. I know since you are in Lenawee you get Toledo LIL, but not in HD yet.

JimboS is in Sylvania Ohio and is in the same situation as you. So I will defer to him if he contradicts my answer.

Yes you can use the new dish to get your locals (Toledo) off the Satellite.

thank you for your response.. regards

Hey Kentstater72,
Long time no hear from , whats up ?

littlebill,
Currently you DO need the 2 dish set up in order to get your locals in the Toledo area as they are still coming off the 72* sat, however I feel that once the new sat is up and operational they will be doing away with the programming on the 72, it will be awhile yet, but it WILL be all one one dish eventually.
btw, I also expect to see the Toledo HD channels up when the new sat gets programming going, nothing official, Toledo is market # 72 so it's not too far away.
They could start adding more locals while still using the existing sats, so we'll see.

Another thought, Can you throw up a OTA antenna ?
I've been using an OTA for quite awhile now and I get all the locals in HD as well as the sub channels.
This would be your best bet for locals and you would get the HD as well.

I get all the Toledo and Detroit stations in HD where available, (OTA antenna and a rotor).

Jimbo

LittleBill

I knew JimboS would have the answer.

I use OTA for Toledo stations and they are great. I am only 11 miles from the towers though. I is worth checking into.

Jimbo

I took a new job and have been pretty busy as of late. Just finished a proposal and have a little downtime.

Wait a minute didnt you used to be JimboS ?
I have been gone a while.

LittleBill

I knew JimboS would have the answer.

I use OTA for Toledo stations and they are great. I am only 11 miles from the towers though. I is worth checking into.

Jimbo

I took a new job and have been pretty busy as of late. Just finished a proposal and have a little downtime.

Wait a minute didnt you used to be JimboS ?
I have been gone a while.

Your PM box is full :(

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts