Audio out of sync - WENH (NH PBS)

LunarRose

Original poster
Apr 17, 2011
NH
I've been having problems with the audio being out of sync on the NH PBS station, WENH for the last 3 or so week. The weird thing is it comes and goes. Will be fine in the AM but then off at night or off in the AM but fine in the evening. I have 2 receivers and I have tried hard reboots (pull the plug for 10+ sec) but that has no effect. And sometimes it seems that other local channels are off to but not by as much.

I'm not quite sure what to do, would contacting tech support do any good?

Has anyone else noticed this?

Thanks for any suggestions to track this down.

I noticed WENH audio out of sync two weekends ago and tried to report it. I couldn't find a contact email and DIRT wasn't online at the time so I chatted. The person I chatted with didn't seem to understand what I wanted to report.

BTW it's out of sync again right now 8/24/13 7:34 am ET.

Try three things;
dishquality@echostar.com Not sure this is still a good address

ceo@echostar.com

Call the station or better try to get the Engineer's email address. (It's possibly listed on their website) Generally Engineers of broadcast stations are very responsive to legitimate PQ issues. He/She may even know why it's happening, or at the best, may take the initiative to get it fixed even if it's on the DISH end.

Thanks, Tampa8. I'll try your suggestions and see if this can be fixed by someone. I too checked the OTA signal and it is fine.

I thought I'd post a follow-up. I can't say for sure what fixed the audio but for almost a week now the audio sync has been fine.

I did send an email to the "dishquality" address Tampa8 suggested. And was waiting for a reply before trying WENH directly ( they have a web form for submitting quality issues but ask what the response of the provider is) but never got a response. I supose that isn't very surprising. So it was either a coincidence or there is someone on the other end of the email and they fixed the issue.

So here's hoping it stays fixed, however it happened. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)