Audio output low.....

cruzmisl

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 29, 2004
I noticed when watching RAVE yesterday that I really have to turn the volume up on my system to get some good output. On RAVE for example I can turn it up to +10db (max) but the system isn't as loud as it could be. I have my system calibrated and when playing DVD's at reference levels (85db) I usually have it set at -5db. If I Were to play a CD or DVD at +10db my ears would bleed :)

Any suggestions or is this just the way it is?

Thanks,
Joe

BTW, this happens when using coax or toslink outputs.

cruzmisl said:
I noticed when watching RAVE yesterday that I really have to turn the volume up on my system to get some good output. On RAVE for example I can turn it up to +10db (max) but the system isn't as loud as it could be. I have my system calibrated and when playing DVD's at reference levels (85db) I usually have it set at -5db. If I Were to play a CD or DVD at +10db my ears would bleed :)

Any suggestions or is this just the way it is?

Thanks,
Joe

BTW, this happens when using coax or toslink outputs.

Joe, you can go into the setup menu and select uncompressed audio or compressed. I run mine uncompressed on the Voom STB and then use high bit sampling on my Pioneer Elite receiver. Rave sounds fantastic with the uncompressed audio stream but you will have to experiment with your setup. The really compressed mode evens out the audio level for most of the Voom channels to where they are about equal. The lower volume channels will sound louder on that setting. You would think the opposite would be true.

Spots and lines in picture

No Signal on Digital Coax Output

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts