Status
Please reply by conversation.

dishfan82

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 18, 2012
clinton Township
I've requested a due date change 5 times now. Every time I ask for a change to the 15th, the rep says they've promised it has been change and will go into affect on the next billing cycle. So here I am my 5th time requesting a change. I don't know why it's so hard to change a date? I've had nothing but problems with these jokers ever since I signed up. I'm seriously thinking about just canceling and eating the ETF.

I am sure you have your reasons but if it is autopay why does the day matter?

I understand if you didn't have autopay you could forget etc if due date wasn't the same as other bills but if it automatically paid why would it matter.

I am not defending directv in the least on this matter just curious why this is an issue to begin with. Also definitely email office of the president, it should get resolved, if not I would fight not to get charged the ETF for this issue.

I understand if you didn't have autopay you could forget etc if due date wasn't the same as other bills but if it automatically paid why would it matter.

I am not defending directv in the least on this matter just curious why this is an issue to begin with. Also definitely email office of the president, it should get resolved, if not I would fight not to get charged the ETF for this issue.

I have a ton of bills due at the start of each month so I requested the 15fh of every month. I emailed the office so we'll see what happens. Already asked to get out of my contract without the ETF.

The office of the president emailed me back and said the 15th due date was confirmed. So we shall see if it ever gets changed. It's just much easier if they would have change the due date in the first place.

I don't get what the big deal with due dates for autopay is for some people.

The due date is based on the date the account is activated. As far as I know it can't be changed and the only way it would change is if your account is disconnected and reactivated.

It comes out once per month, what difference does it make if it's on the 15th or 27th of every month ?

So just budget the money every month and they take it out when they take it out.

The due date is based on the date the account is activated. As far as I know it can't be changed and the only way it would change is if your account is disconnected and reactivated.

It comes out once per month, what difference does it make if it's on the 15th or 27th of every month ?

So just budget the money every month and they take it out when they take it out.

You can change it online yourself. I have done it twice with no issues. Not everyone is rich.

You can change it online yourself. I have done it twice with no issues. Not everyone is rich.

I've tried that and even got a confirmation. The next month it was still at my old draft date. So that's when I contacted someone online. This was my 5th request to have it changed. The office of the President even told me that it was confirmed this time. I told them if it shows the current date again then I'm canceling.

My due date changed when I lost/misplcaed my debit card.. I changed to a cc and it automatically changed the due date., I didn't want it changed it was in a great spot in the month for bills. .... It had been due on the 22nd it updated it to the 3rd. I also saw the option selection that I could go in and change the due date afterwards. I decided to keep mine the same for now.
Hope your issue finally gets resolved.

this is going to sound harsh
but if your cutting things so close a due date is that important, maybe you should rethink your expenses and start cutting things

Reactions: ranmic
but if your cutting things so close a due date is that important, maybe you should rethink your expenses and start cutting things

It really has noting to do with cutting expenses. It has to do that I've requested a change 3 times with reps and 1 I even changed it online myself. It has to do with their system being messed up. Direct fits into the budget and yes I could just take it out on the 15th of every month and save it until the 5th but other things come up and it's just easier to have it come out on the date I want.

Reactions: AZ.

I have autopay for a few things. The date DOES matter.
My mortgage payment is due on a certain day of each month, I space out my autopays to avoid the mortgage due date. It is easier to budget my money this way

Reactions: gdweathers

You have your methods of budgeting. The rest of us have ours.
It is not for you or anyone else to understand.
I will thank you in advance to just leave this one be.

Us middle class folks are all living on thin margins. Even people like me who purposely live beneath their means. Yeah, beneath. Meaning, I could buy more toys and junk, but I prefer to do without so I have cash in reserve.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)