Status
Not open for further replies.

teachsac

SatelliteGuys Master
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Nov 3, 2005
Elk Grove, CA
Now my avatar isn't showing along with Jimbo's and a few others using IE11. Works with Chrome.

S~

Scott, yours doesn't show for me, either.

teachsac

SatelliteGuys Master
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Nov 3, 2005
Elk Grove, CA
Sorry. IE is what is supported on my work network. Problem started yesterday. No other site is giving me any problems.

harshness

SatelliteGuys Master
May 5, 2007
Salem, OR
Sorry. IE is what is supported on my work network.
As I said, wherever it isn't absolutely necessary.

As Edge begins to edge out IE, hopefully this will change for you and others suffering under such circumstances. It is my hope that people in charge will see that supporting standards-based browsers is a lot easier long term than supporting Micro$oft's browser of the moment. Development money must be concentrated on moving things forward, not simply porting the old applications (that only run under one or two versions of IE) to Micro$oft's latest "recommended" platform.

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
BTW Magic Static was having the same issue on his IE 11 the other day... and they just started working again. I am hoping the same happens for you. :D

Magic Static

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 12, 2010
Montana
BTW Magic Static was having the same issue on his IE 11 the other day... and they just started working again. I am hoping the same happens for you. :D
Actually it didn't start working. I was duped by a slight of hand browser switch when I logged in. Some how logging in here switched me to Chrome from IE and I didn't catch that. Haven't a clue what, how, why happened there. I have not seen that trick again. But yeah IE is broke and I started having other weird things happen today.

Tampa8

Supporting Founder - I'll stand up and say so
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 8, 2003
Tampa/Eastern Ct
I was duped by a slight of hand browser switch when I logged in. Some how logging in here switched me to Chrome from IE and I didn't catch that. Haven't a clue what, how, why happened there. I have not seen that trick again.

Programmer on the grassy knoll?

Ilya

XXI Century Explorer
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 16, 2004
NE OH
I get random missing avatars pretty often (with IE 11).
For example, here is what I am seeing now instead of Scott's avatar:

MissingAvatar.jpg

Foxbat

Addicted to new HW
Supporting Founder
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 25, 2003
Michiana
Scott, go ahead and blame it on the DNS issues. That excuse always works...
:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)