Azbox Minime dealers

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Carlos provided his own answer in post #2. Buy on Ebay from Dr. Sat. Seems to be the best way supported by pwrsurge for Carlos to purchase an AZBox at this time.

Well, I guess I will pass on the Az for now. A bird just told me a nice receiver is coming out soon to compete against them.;)

I've been waiting for Pixl to get his running to his liking and give a review before I get real exited about wanting another AZBox ;)

Mabee a nice android box with 4:2:2 if a previous post was any indication? Hopefully it will be fully operational and made for NA. If it is I'll buy one.

Just to be fair to Pwrsurge (and lord knows I am not usually one to defend people) it is not unusual at all for a business to have two side to its business... a wholesale company for selling to other dealers, and a retail company for selling direct to consumers.

For example WSI is their Wholesale devision which sels products to dealers, while they also operate Galaxy Marketing which is their retail company for selling direct to consumers.

So if Azbox.CA is their Wholesale company and DrSat is their Retailer company I have no problem with that... the only issue I would have is if they acted like DrSat is another company and they have nothing to do with it. As that would be silly. :)

.....android box with 4:2:2....
My android phone and android media player "do" 4:2:2 - just not smooth yet, but you can see enough. :)
Even plays an old h264 4:2:2 10-bit clip I have.

My ideal setup would be to stream from TSReader to Android Device.

Just to be fair to Pwrsurge (and lord knows I am not usually one to defend people) it is not unusual at all for a business to have two side to its business... a wholesale company for selling to other dealers, and a retail company for selling direct to consumers.

For example WSI is their Wholesale devision which sels products to dealers, while they also operate Galaxy Marketing which is their retail company for selling direct to consumers.

So if Azbox.CA is their Wholesale company and DrSat is their Retailer company I have no problem with that... the only issue I would have is if they acted like DrSat is another company and they have nothing to do with it. As that would be silly. :)
Things that make you go...............hmmmmmmmmmmmm!?!?

Last edited:
Well, I guess I will pass on the Az for now. A bird just told me a nice receiver is coming out soon to compete against them.;)

That would be nice if it comes true & doesn't turn out to be yet another re-incarnation of the same old boxes that won't do 4:2:2.......:facepalm

.. the only issue I would have is if they acted like DrSat is another company and they have nothing to do with it. As that would be silly. :)

Let me pull a Phil from Duck Dynasty...

If it quacks like a duck..

The lad might have a successful business, and if so, more power to him. However we all connected the dots so am not sure why all the multiple aliases, one quoting the other and denials here. If I had a business, I'd be proud to slap my name on it. When I think of Titanium or SatAV, I know exactly who am dealing with.

To quote Mr Wonderful, "Am OUT!"

Cheers, K

Last edited:

Thank you for explaining to everyone that a person can be involved with more than one company :).
I will provide a bit more detail in order to satisfy everyone's curiosity.

I work as a senior consultant with Gold Phoenix Consultants, a Business and IT consulting firm over here in Canada. We deal mostly with small startup companies who need expertise and assistance when they first start operations before they can run on their own. One of my clients is Dr. Sat where I assisted in the foundation of the company as a senior manager along with the establishment of their website and internal Point of Sale (PoS) & inventory management systems. As of now, my firm remains contracted out to them strictly to provide ongoing maintenance and upgrades for their IT systems.

I have personally used an AzBox FTA receiver at home for a quite a while with my home system, starting with an AzBox Elite purchased from that satellite shop in Miami that used to sell them. As there was no distributor or dealer in Canada at the time, I contacted Opensat in Portugal directly and met with them in order to become a distributor for the Canadian market and AzBox Canada was born! Having an ongoing relation with Dr. Sat, I obviously approached them first and they agreed to become our first authorised AzBox Canada dealer. Later on, Angel Electronics from Mississauga was signed up as well.

So to sum it up, Dr. Sat and AzBox Canada are two separate companies but I have been involved with both over the years.

Last edited:
I've been waiting for Pixl to get his running to his liking and give a review before I get real exited about wanting another AZBox ;)

I believe the configuration issues he was initially experiencing were resolved as he stated last time that he was able to blindscan the same channels as his other box once he followed my instructions, even when going through port 8 of his DiSEqC switch. The only thing he has to do now is take the time to setup all receivable satellites with his DiSEqC 1.2 motor position numbers from his GBox and scan them one by one.

I'm sure he will be posting a review once he has the chance to fully setup his new AzBox.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)