Backfeeding issues

zmarshall79

Original poster
Aug 21, 2013
Hi this is my first post. I have tried looking for this information with no luck. I have a ViP222k that I have setup to backfeed. The second tv is very fuzzy. I have changed the channel that it backfeeds on with mixed results. I have changed the triplexer and the cables. I don't have a diplexer to swap out. What am I missing; what can I check?

Thank you,

?Zach

Hi this is my first post. I have tried looking for this information with no luck. I have a ViP222k that I have setup to backfeed. The second tv is very fuzzy. I have changed the channel that it backfeeds on with mixed results. I have changed the triplexer and the cables. I don't have a diplexer to swap out. What am I missing; what can I check?

Thank you,

?Zach

You have to have a diplexer somewhere inyour system for a tv2 to operate with only 1 cable going to the reciever with a triplexer installed.

Chances are you have a corrode connector, damaged cable, or some other 'break' inthe continuity of the line.

But you must be sure both your tv2 and your recievers tv2 output are on the same channel.

At the reciever useing your remote press in this order on the remote:

Menu

This will take touting the modulator setup screen.

Proceed to set the TV 2 option to either air mode, or cable mode.

Make note of what channel the tv2 port says it will be on. Usually either 60 in air mode or 73 in cable mode.

After setting your desired out put. Proceed to the TV tat is your TV 2 and put that TV on the channel to match your recievers tv2 output channel.

If you set the reciever to out put on cable mode 73 and your TV at the TV 2 location does not go passed channel 69 your TV is in air mode. The easiest way to change modes is from the reciever. Go back to the reciever and go back to the modulation screen and put the tv2 output to air mode. Then return to tv2 and set it to 60.

If it is still fuzzy you have a cabling or connector issue. Or if these instructions don't make sense please contact dish and have a te h visit to resolve your issue.

If you want to test to see if your reciever is at fault, remove the cable on the reciever that connects to the TV distribution port and attatched a short piece of cable from the reciever to your TV at the reciever location and set your TV to the correct channel your reciever is outputting (air mode 60/cable mode 73).

If it comes up clear your reciever is still functional. If its fuzzy than you have no choice but to get a new reciever installed.

Good luck.

Do you have an antenna tied into the system as well?

Dishman is right, there should be a diplexer somewhere in the system. Make sure to check every fitting so there isn't any corrosion or lose connection.

I guess another question is, how long have you have this system? Was it like this from the start or did it just start happening after a couple years?

The only way you wouldn't have a diplexer in line would be if its a direct connection out of the TV distribution port and is seperate from the satellite cable.

As my original post stated but must have not been clear I have a diplexer in the line; I have been troubleshooting swapping out components; the only one I don't have to swap is the diplexer. I have also tried it in different rooms with the same result. This is a new box.

As my original post stated but must have not been clear I have a diplexer in the line; I have been troubleshooting swapping out components; the only one I don't have to swap is the diplexer. I have also tried it in different rooms with the same result. This is a new box.

What do you mean when you say you have tried it in different rooms? That concerns me. The cabling is set up so that the line from the sat goes to the diplexer, the other side of the diplexer, the single side, goes to the TV1 location, where the receiver is. The line off the double side of the diplexer runs to TV2 (where they obviously is no receiver). What exactly did you move to another room?

OK. I read your post as you had no diplexer installed, not that you had no spare.

Chances are your diplexer is installed backwards.....

Makes sure the diplexer is installed in this fashion:

Sat port is hooked up to cable that connects to satellite dish.

In/ out port is connected to cable that connects to reciever location.

Uhf port is connected to cable that goes to room you want your second TV set up.

Apparently stating that this was my first post must have been interpreted as "This guy is a moron". Thank you for your time; I'll try another forum.

I only skimmed original post, but my first thought was backwards diplexor. Or a handfull of other things it could be. Sometimes you have to customer-talk to people

Fox College Sports

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)