Backup a 722K to remote

gdarwin

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 9, 2005
Lousville, KY
Backed up a 722K to a 21.0 remote and now all the timers are gone. Is there a way to get the timers back?

seems odd.. are you sure you backed them up and not restored/wiped them out?

should be able to just restore them now.. if they really are in the remote.

CSR tells me the 21.0 is a correct remote and I am not able to restore the timers from the remote... Only the 922 allows you to restore...

ouch.. you might have me there.. :) I just turned over my #1 remote to see "20.0" I thought they were both 21.0's ...

is it in IR mode or uhf and if UHF what about setting it back to IR and trying?

As to the restore ... I know that a 20.0 will restore to a 722k receiver ... I've done it .. its the way I swapped out mine.

You can do a restore with the 722k. Have done it for customers many times. As long as you saved them right from the old receiver, you should be able to load them into the new one. When you enter system wizard on the new receiver using the old remote it should say that it doesn't recognize the remote and that it has info stored on it from another receiver. You should then be able to transfer the timers and anything else stored on the remote from your old receiver. If you don't see this on the new one, you did something wrong and unfortunately lost all timers.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

You can do a restore with the 722k. Have done it for customers many times. As long as you saved them right from the old receiver, you should be able to load them into the new one. When you enter system wizard on the new receiver using the old remote it should say that it doesn't recognize the remote and that it has info stored on it from another receiver. You should then be able to transfer the timers and anything else stored on the remote from your old receiver. If you don't see this on the new one, you did something wrong and unfortunately lost all timers.

The difference is - it is the same receiver, not a new one...

This is the first time I've ever seen anyone lose all of their timers when backing up a remote.

Try going through the system wizard, select advanced, and do a "full system backup". That's the only idea I have right now (the restore option is normally only available on new receivers/replacements)

This is the first time I've ever seen anyone lose all of their timers when backing up a remote.

Try going through the system wizard, select advanced, and do a "full system backup". That's the only idea I have right now (the restore option is normally only available on new receivers/replacements)
what about reset to factory defaults? Will that reset the receiver back to like new.. and see the remote as "not recognized"?

Perfect example to use the DIRT team before calling the 800 number. Matt is replacing the 722k after numerous private messages to figure out the problem. Thanks Matt!

How do I backup the timers to the remote? I cannot find any instructions in the User Guide. I searched the forum & it appears you can only restore to a replacement DVR, but several people have not been able to do that either. But where do I find any directions?

How do I backup the timers to the remote? I cannot find any instructions in the User Guide. I searched the forum & it appears you can only restore to a replacement DVR, but several people have not been able to do that either. But where do I find any directions?

Only the 20.0 and 21.x remotes have the backup feature along with the 222k/722k/922 receivers.

If you have the proper remote, and receiver, all you do is hold 0 on the remote and it will walk you through a wizard

You will be able to backup but there is NO option to restore on the 722k.

It will only restore to a new 722K which has been reported in this thread and I tried it on the new 722K today. It restored settings but it still did not restore the timers.

Only the 20.0 and 21.x remotes have the backup feature along with the 222k/722k/922 receivers.

If you have the proper remote, and receiver, all you do is hold 0 on the remote and it will walk you through a wizard

I have a 32.0 on the 922 that works as well.

not sure why it didn't work for you.. unless it didn't record properly.. mine did it when I traded 722k for 722k .. though I don't like that there isn't a specific "Backup" and "Restore" option in the wizard.. just so you could test them ... etc.. or that it would tell you what settings are *in* the remote.. like a report or list on the screen.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

This is an old thread, but there is much contradictory information about such an important issue. Last time I swapped my 722k due to a hardware problem, I tried this procedure and got exactly this result -- the new 722k said it didn't recognize the remote and that it had info from another receiver. I could not get it to restore anything! Lost all my timers. Also, later in this thread, someone else claims that the restore will only restore configuration info and not timers. Can anyone clear this up? Dish Support (at the time) told me explicitly that the restore feature only worked on the same receiver (making it mostly useless). Now, Tech Support people are wrong all the time, so I would like this cleared up!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)