Bell Dish Set up and cable questions

buckspaul

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Received the 9241 package with the two lnbfs and the s 44 switch. also got the winguard 30 inch offset oval dish. I have an exsisting 1000.4 dishtv on the roof. first im wondering if i could use the 1000.4 dish to get 91 anik 1 if i switch to a singal lnbf? and just use the 30 inch for the anik4 at 82? also does the s44 switch have to use the power supply or can use the exsisting switch that dish has on the roof already? Another question when dishtv installed the line running to my main tv. the combined the two cable into one coming into the living room before entering the house and they are split i into two again once inside the living room. since i have dish 612 im guessing i can just connect all the exsisting cables as is to the 9241?? sorry for so many questions im kind of new to self installation details. thanks paul

Does the 1000.4 have an input on the LNB?

If so, buy a DP Dual LNB for the Winegard and aim that at 82.

Aim the 1000.4 at 91. You may have to cover up the extra LNBs.

Feed the Winegard into the 1000.4. Use the separator from your 612.

You can now use that one line to the 9241. You didn't need to buy the SW44.

thanks. i am switching bell only. So basically im just adding the winguard for anik 4 on 82 and than feeding that into the lnb of 1000.4 and aiming that at 91. I am just leaving all the exsisting wiring and switch alone? and just taking the current cables from the 612 and hooking it up to the 9241?

Correct. The only tricky part will be aiming the 1000.4 at 91 which is why it may be better to cover all but one lnb.

And you need a DP Dual for the Winegard. (I assume its a DS2077?) The LNBs you rec'd with the SW44 won't work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)