Best buy rebate & refer a friend together?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cornflakes

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 9, 2005
Hi all, I'm planning on switching over to directv and it looks like best buy is offering a $150 gift card for signing up (or $200 at Costco). Does anyone know if I would also be able to add refer a friend discount ($10 for 10 months for me and my brother referring me) or is it pretty much one offer or the other?

Thank you!

Hi all, I'm planning on switching over to directv and it looks like best buy is offering a $150 gift card for signing up (or $200 at Costco). Does anyone know if I would also be able to add refer a friend discount ($10 for 10 months for me and my brother referring me) or is it pretty much one offer or the other?

Thank you!
Usually you can get more than one, however, you need to call the particular Referral phone number listed on the website.

You may also be able to get HD Fee waived for 2 years if you sign up for Auto Pay ...

Last edited:
You probably should call Directv after you setup your account and have the refer a friend credits added then. Remember after the account it setup, but before installation.

The only thing you got to watch for is if they send out your gift card before they realized you did a referal.

When I sell a Directv system with a gift card offer, I will check and see if the customer went behind my back and did a referal friend and will then deduct $100 from the amount of the gift card since our promotion (And im sure best buy and Costco) specifically won't let you combine both promotions together.

When you combine a gift card offer, and a referal together the retailer who sold the account makes bairly no commission.

Thanks for the replies... I didn't know HD was a separate fee? I looked on directv's website for their choice package with HD and pricing is comparable to Dish...

If the retailers may not honor the rebate because I used the refer a friend then I may just skip it... $100 in service credit vs $200 in Costco gift card is a big difference!

I got an $200 debit card offer from Directv and I asked them if I can combine it with the referral offer and they said yes. With a gift card from a third party it may not work. See my thread about it a few posts below.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts