Best Satellite For C-Band ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mikey11

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 9, 2009
canada
i have been out of the loop for a bit, what would you consider to be the best satellite for a stationary c-band dish?.....looking for the most/best english channels only......and where is the best place to buy a 6 foot c-band dish?

Agree with 99W. Not a 6' but you might look over this thread Review: Tek2000 8' Mesh Dish in the C Band section. Don't know how support is going to be as the seller is/hasn't been very 'up front' about source. But think its not a bad dish by the independent review.
Not that 'looking around' for a possible 'save' isn't an option.

Call Sadoun and talk to him first. When I ordered one online last year I got a call from him stating he did not have the mounts any more - only the dish, pole and some miscellaneous hardware and that he didn't think he would be getting any more mounts.:( That may have changed but be sure you are getting a complete unit before ordering.

I have a dish on that sat all the time its a great sat wish they put more channels up there.

87w 99w 101w 103w are my favs.
it would definitely be worth it to get a actuator and a controller even if these 4 sats were all you could get.
my very fav would probably be 87w or 101w, hard to choose.
you should point at each and scan them and figure out which one you like the best.

Definately 99w. That's where my 2.4m is parked Cozi, nbc,fox,abc,the cw, and the gdmx feeds. What more could you ask for. Almost forgot Metv also

Last edited:
I agree with most of the rest, my dish tends to stay parked at 99W.

heck 2 years ago the answer would be 99W....now that theyve added more channels on it the answer is still the same

Elecciones CH-5 3943 H 3329, Canal estrellas XHGC-TV from Mexico was also recently added. Spanish but with Movies on nights and weekends with alternate English audio;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts