Best way to tell my motor that he has a new boss (receiver)?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ftamart

SatelliteGuys Guru
Sep 7, 2006
Manitoba, Canada
Hi guys,
I am finally going HD, from a Viewsat Utra I used for years to a microHD. Currently my Motek motor is nicely set up with the Viewsat to move to the different satellites using USALS. How do I go about connecting the microHD to the same motor without messing it up and having to climb up the roof in the cold, to reset it?

1. Should I move it to reference 0 with the Viewsat and then disconnect the Viewsat and connect the microHD and set up USALS on it?

2. Or after sending it to reference 0 with the Viewsat should I set the microHD to reference 0 before connecting it to the motor?

I might have to occasionally go back to the Viewsat in the next couple of weeks, but first I would like to go from Viewsat to microHD?

What is the best way of doing this?

Thanks.

Using USALS, no need to center. Just connect, power up, activate satellites, set local Longitude & Latitude and activate each motorized satellite position to USALS.

Switch between receivers at your leisure...

Using USALS, no need to center. Just connect, power up, activate satellites, set local Longitude & Latitude and activate each motorized satellite position to USALS.

Switch between receivers at your leisure...

So what you are saying is that with USALS, it doesn't matter what position the motor is pointing at when I disconnect the Viewsat receiver, and I just connect the microHD and pick any satellite, enter my location and set up USALS and it will move to the that particular satellite?

Thanks a lot Brian!
Learned something new today. I knew that it was that easy with setups from scratch, but didn't know that it was just as easy moving to a new receiver.

Brian, I currently have my MicroHD looped out from my Visionsat, which controls the 9120B motor with USALS. If I understand this right, I can also set the MicroHD to control the motor as well?
Another question - on certain satellites some TP won't come in on the Micro unless the same TP is on the Visionsat. What do I need to do to correct this? Thanks for a great receiver and your advise!

Brian, I currently have my MicroHD looped out from my Visionsat, which controls the 9120B motor with USALS. If I understand this right, I can also set the MicroHD to control the motor as well?
Another question - on certain satellites some TP won't come in on the Micro unless the same TP is on the Visionsat. What do I need to do to correct this? Thanks for a great receiver and your advise!

With loop through, the second receiver typically will control the motor when the primary receiver is powered off.

A single output Universal or Standard LNBF can only provide one polarity at a time down the coax line to the receiver. The receiver sends 18vdc up the coax line to power the LNB when a horizontal TP is selected and 13vdc when a vertical TP is selected. When the Visionsat is tuned to a horizontal TP the microHD can only tune horizontal TPs.

Purchase a two output LNBF (like the GEOSATpro SL2) if you wish to simultaneously receive both polarities on either receiver.

Well, if your Visionsat is set to say a vertical transponder, doesn't it seem reasonable that the Micro which is looped through it will also ONLY see Vertical at that time?

So with hooking them up this way, you can only select the same polarity transponders as the main controlling receiver which is the Visionsat, unless that is turned off.

Whoops, guess I should have read the whole thread to see Brian had already responded, before I posted.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)