Receiver setup trouble

sanpat

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 25, 2023
Rockport Tx.
I have 10 ft cm dish ,c238 lnb ,2x4 multi switch ,trying to hook up 3 receivers,I can hookup 2 receivers straight to lnb ,both work,disconnect 1 receiver and hook up 3rd receiver and it works ,that tells me my coax is ok ,now trouble starts when installing 2x4 multi switch I get no signals ,have tried 2 different multi switches with same no signal ,what am I missing ?

Are they powered or unpowered multi switches? If they are un-powered, i have never had any luck with those darn things.

Regarding a powered switch - Always work for me - Hook two lines from the lnb to the multi-switch. Then the receivers plug into the multi-switch. Usually, a multiswitch supports 2 different satellites, with 2 lnb (horizontal/vertical) ports for each.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
Are they powered or unpowered multi switches? If they are un-powered, i have never had any luck with those darn things.

Regarding a powered switch - Always work for me - Hook two lines from the lnb to the multi-switch. Then the receivers plug into the multi-switch. Usually, a multiswitch supports 2 different satellites, with 2 lnb (horizontal/vertical) ports for each.
Not sure it is a satking model sk9161 ,any suggestions on how to remedy my problem ,thanks

These are great.. I have like 6 of them running and have only had one fail, and it was because of a coax short. Not the units fault - and i keep them out side in wicked weather...

As for those un-power ones.. I never got a signal off them either..

Reactions: Titanium
I have 10 ft cm dish ,c238 lnb ,2x4 multi switch ,trying to hook up 3 receivers,I can hookup 2 receivers straight to lnb ,both work,disconnect 1 receiver and hook up 3rd receiver and it works ,that tells me my coax is ok ,now trouble starts when installing 2x4 multi switch I get no signals ,have tried 2 different multi switches with same no signal ,what am I missing ?

Since you have verified that your coax is good and will feed the receivers individually then it should not be a signal/coax issue. What settings are you using in your receivers with the multiswitch inserted in the setup. Make sure you are using the proper ones so that your receivers 'see' the switch to acquire signal. Need to confirm this before trying another multiswitch (powered or not).

Since you have verified that your coax is good and will feed the receivers individually then it should not be a signal/coax issue. What settings are you using in your receivers with the multiswitch inserted in the setup. Make sure you are using the proper ones so that your receivers 'see' the switch to acquire signal. Need to confirm this before trying another multiswitch (powered or not).
Question when multiswitch installed should one reciever lnb be turned on and other 2 receiver be turned off ?