[BHOUSE] (Rumor): Bright House and Time Warner ESPN2 HD carriage within weeks:

future HD channel update

I got this info over a period of weeks from Mr. Dressler also.

ESPN2-HD - hopeful to have espn2hd in time for baseball.
STARZ-HD - End of the year at the earliest
CINEMAX-HD – is almost done
TMC-HD - is done
Wealth TV-HD - are not in the works
Outdoor Channel 2-HD – are not in the works
MHD (MTV) - will take many months to conclude.
National Geographic-HD - No Word
Food Network-HD - Scripps has not yet made us a proposal.
HGTV-HD - Scripps has not yet made us a proposal.

Glad to get some confirmation from LornhornXP & some updated info.

I posted this over the weekend on:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=652328
http://www.hdtvoice.com/voice/showthread.php?t=24548

AndyHDTV said:
I got this info over a period of weeks from Mr. Dressler also.

ESPN2-HD - hopeful to have espn2hd in time for baseball.
STARZ-HD - End of the year at the earliest
CINEMAX-HD – is almost done
TMC-HD - is done
Wealth TV-HD - are not in the works
Outdoor Channel 2-HD – are not in the works
MHD (MTV) - will take many months to conclude.
National Geographic-HD - No Word
Food Network-HD - Scripps has not yet made us a proposal.
HGTV-HD - Scripps has not yet made us a proposal.

Glad to get some confirmation from LornhornXP & some updated info.

I posted this over the weekend on:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=652328
http://www.hdtvoice.com/voice/showthread.php?t=24548

That seems to be everything he has told me. He also told me that all TWC systems are still scheduled to go ADS by years end. ADS is advanced digital simulcast which in simple terms means all customers with a digital box will have an all digital lineup. So no more analog lineup for those of you with a digital box.

alright Longhorn and or whoever else! I have till the very first game of the indians schedule to get my espn2hd ( I will be fine watching it on the analog, but prefer HD :) ) any news on this I know you said they are hopeful, but hopeful and its done are along ways off from one another, I am guessing we are not going to see this channel before April?

stuart628 said:
alright Longhorn and or whoever else! I have till the very first game of the indians schedule to get my espn2hd ( I will be fine watching it on the analog, but prefer HD :) ) any news on this I know you said they are hopeful, but hopeful and its done are along ways off from one another, I am guessing we are not going to see this channel before April?

I just e-mailed Dressler about ESPN2HD being added before MLB opening day (as he and others have led us to believe for months now). Well ... surprise, surprise-- he's changed his tune.

He reports no progress in adding ESPN2HD or the NFL Network. If you're like me and love sports, this might just be the last straw. Come on Verizon Fios!!

Interesting as I spoke to a higher up at BHN when the 3-4 weeks post was made and they assured me no talks were in the works on any of the HD Channels mentioned - much less ANY additions in 3-4 weeks.

As this person has been right on the money before, including ESPN-HD before anyone breathed a word of it, I was curious to see how it would play out so I sat back and watched.

Guess I now know.

HDTVFanAtic said:
Interesting as I spoke to a higher up at BHN when the 3-4 weeks post was made and they assured me no talks were in the works on any of the HD Channels mentioned - much less ANY additions in 3-4 weeks.

As this person has been right on the money before, including ESPN-HD before anyone breathed a word of it, I was curious to see how it would play out so I sat back and watched.

Guess I now know.

This person at BHN isn't privy to any contract dealings the TWC corporate office is doing so with that said its easy for us to say a supervisor said nothing was coming and 9 out of 10 times the superviser would be right.

Thus far the info from this person has been 100%, including ESPN-HD 3 to 4 weeks before anyone else even hinted of it on any thread on any site.

I was searching online for any movement on ESPN2HD on Bright House here in Central Florida, and I came upon this thread.

Anything new going on in the developments of this or other channels being added to the lineup.

I think i've reached my threshold on being frustrated about all the ESPN HD stuff. The World Cup is starting in 2 days and half of the qualifying games are all on ESPN2. I wish I could watch them on HD but that seems to be impossible.

Thanks for any info.

ESPN2HD said:
I was searching online for any movement on ESPN2HD on Bright House here in Central Florida, and I came upon this thread.

Anything new going on in the developments of this or other channels being added to the lineup.

I think i've reached my threshold on being frustrated about all the ESPN HD stuff. The World Cup is starting in 2 days and half of the qualifying games are all on ESPN2. I wish I could watch them on HD but that seems to be impossible.

Thanks for any info.

Sad to say it but Comcast will have ESPN2 HD before TWC or BHN will and from who I've talked with I have a very very bad feeling about NFL Network being added anytime soon. It wouldn't suprise me if NFL Network wasn't added at all this football season on TWC and BHN.

iceturkee said:
i have been told this will be coming to bhn in late july....no definite date set yet.

I've heard the exact opposite in that it won't be coming at all this year but again I'm hoping I'm wrong and this is coming from a person who has Comcast so I mean that when I say it but again I'm not hopefull that TWC and BHN customers will see it this year.

Now on the other hand I think ESPN2 HD might have a shot but again that deal isn't exactly moving very much right now.

well gator, longhorn may disagree with me, but i feel better about the pending appearence of the deuce in hd, then i do about starz or cinemax. but then it took me a couple of weeks to get my espn2 response, for what its worth!! i guess that means its still possible.

iceturkee said:
well gator, longhorn may disagree with me, but i feel better about the pending appearence of the deuce in hd, then i do about starz or cinemax. but then it took me a couple of weeks to get my espn2 response, for what its worth!! i guess that means its still possible.

Nope I agree with you that I also feel ESPN2 HD has a better shot than the others.