[BHOUSE] (Rumor): Bright House and Time Warner ESPN2 HD carriage within weeks:

longhorn, you might think this stupid of me to ask but i'm going to ask anyhow. is there a remote possibility that when comcast reached their agreement to air ESPN2HD, that other cable companies might have also reached an agreement?

i have learned that even if you signed the contract in late may, for example, it doesn't mean the channel goes live at the same time. given the timeframe we're talking about here, i was wondering if bhn could have signed a contract on or about the same time as comcast? just thinking out loud!

iceturkee said:
longhorn, you might think this stupid of me to ask but i'm going to ask anyhow. is there a remote possibility that when comcast reached their agreement to air ESPN2HD, that other cable companies might have also reached an agreement?

i have learned that even if you signed the contract in late may, for example, it doesn't mean the channel goes live at the same time. given the timeframe we're talking about here, i was wondering if bhn could have signed a contract on or about the same time as comcast? just thinking out loud!

Yes I would assume that "could" have been done. Also one of my BHN contacts has told me that he got word from TWC corporate that they are working deals for the following channels below to please the FCC as they feel they the FCC could be vote killed if they allowed tons of customers to lose tons of channels.

ESPN2 HD
Cinemax HD
Starz HD
Starz On Demand
Encore On Demand
NFL Network
NFL Network On Demand
NFL Network HD.

Cinemax HD and Starz HD have been confirmed on one TWC system in Texas so because of that along with the fact that my only Comcast contact has said that Comcast corporate will soon work a deal with HDNet that I believe this all might be true.

We just must wait and see what happens but for some reason I have a very good feeling about all of this and I do trust the BHN contact but my Comcast contact I haven't known long enough to fully trust yet so keep that in mind.

thanks longhorn, i feel better about what i was told last week. the source could be more reliable but it isn't like i get 100 percent garbage either.

So any new word on ESPN2? College Football season is starting up and I would LOVE to get some of that action in HD!!

the last unoffical response i got was probably october.....although, my source was trying to get a specific launch date for me. please, understand, that this source is correct about 50 to 60 percent of the time. wish i could be more definitive!!!

just an update: no hard activation date yet!! i asked when i emailed about the naming rights for the ucf football stadium! again, i caution.........until i get any confirmation (about espn2hd) from my second source, this is just a rumor!!!.

sorry for the double posting but i'm hearing there has been another technical delay and the start date for this channel is still ``open.'' you may take that anyway you want. i might hear more about this later in the week.

in the interim, the dish network is looking better and better all the time. just would have to figure out how to get my locals in hd.........an antenna is out of the question!

D* is pretty good as well. It was great watching football on ESPN1 and Baseball on ESPN2 both in HD. Also, most of the college football games on ESPN 2 have been in HD. And the MPEG4 locals look, to me anyway, just as good as the OTA versions. I am very hard pressed to see any differences.

sorry to burst your bubble gator but i told directv to shove it where the sun doesn't shine earlier this year. i got tired of their lying and this was coming from retention too!! i'll never go back to them.

i really don't want to go to dish network either but its an option i'm still mulling....but probably not until after the first of the year!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts