Big Bang Theory discussion

Next Episode: Season 7, Episode 24 (Season Finale)

Thursday, May 15, 2014

"The Status Quo Combustion": Faced with an uncertain future, Sheldon considers a major change; Emily and Raj decide to take things to the next level.

S~

NELLIE ANDREEVA
Flagship CBS comedy series The Big Bang Theory is slated to go into production on its upcoming eighth season on July 30. But with only two weeks to go, the entire original cast of the hit comedy is still without contracts. I hear the two sides are still far apart and there has been little dialogue.

deadline.com

Last edited:
I thought they were already signed but I might have been mistaking the show getting extended for the cast as well.

Yes, the show itself is renewed for three more years. The performer's contract are separate. Obviously gives them (the performer's, that is) some bargaining power !

CBS will cave and pay more $$$ . This show is the "Friends" for this decade and the potential for $$$ from the syndication rights will be too great to pass.

Yeah I don't know how to feel about the change, but we shall see how it goes.

"Due to ongoing contract negotiations, production on The Big Bang Theory — which was originally scheduled to begin today — has been postponed," WBTV said in a statement Wednesday. The first table read of the season was scheduled to take place today. It's unclear just how long production will be delayed as the cast and studio remain at an impasse on a new deal. The move comes as a surprise to the studio, which previously was not expecting there to be a work stoppage and the cast to arrive back at work Wednesday, with our without a contract.

Emmy winner Parsons, Galecki and Cuoco are negotiating together and seeking big salary increases. Sources told THR in September that the trio, who currently earn $325,000 per episode, are seeking up to $1 million per half-hour with a cut of the show's back-end. Helberg and Nayyar are negotiating together and are also seeking hefty raises. Co-stars Mayim Bialik and Melissa Rauch previously inked new deals with WBTV, with both securing big raises.

hollywoodreporter.com

NCIS: Los Angeles

Survivor: Edge of Extinction

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)