Big Ten to Expand?

With our backup QB that never played in college they lost! It was really Bad!

No need to feel bad.. Better teams then Texas lost to the Tide that year.. (The gators lost to them to :D :rant:)

Interesting to note.. I believe the Florida Gators have NEVER beaten the Texas Longhorns.. (Only played 3 times, 2 losses 1 tie)

Hmmmmm,
How did they do the NEXT year ?????

Ohio State 24, Texas 7
1 2 3 4 Total
Buckeyes 7 7 3 7 24
Longhorns 0 7 0 0 7

Ohio State’s Troy Smith hands off to Antonio Pittman

All-time record against Texas: 1-1-0

Ohio State employed an effective vertical passing game in the first half and a relentless ball control offense in the second half, coupled with a defense that improved in both efficiency and stamina as the game progressed, to beat 2nd-ranked Texas 24-7 in Darrell K. Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium, Austin. Quarterback Troy Smith, well protected by the Buckeye offensive line, threw for 269 yards and two touchdowns without an interception, directing a 10-play 72-yard drive in the fourth quarter that took 5:47 off the clock and secured the win. Although the teams were nearly equal in yardage (348 Ohio State to 326 Texas) and first downs (20-17 in favor of Texas), Ohio State did not turn the ball over and converted a recovered fumble and a Colt McCoy interception, both forced by linebacker James Laurinaitis, into 10 points.

Standouts for Ohio State were Anthony Gonzalez, who made eight catches for 142 yards and a touchdown, and Ted Ginn, who caught five for 97 yards including a 29-yard touchdown late in the first half that countered the lone score by the Longhorns. Antonio Pittman rushed for 74 yards on 16 carries and scored the final touchdown. Punter A. J. Trapasso was particularly effective; his six punts averaged 50.8 yards a kick and won Ohio State the battle for field position. Texas had two streaks ended by the loss: a 12-game streak in which it had scored at least 40 points a game (and averaged 52), and a 21-game winning streak.

Laurinaitis and Trapasso were named Big Ten Defensive and Special Teams Players of the Week, respectively. Laurinaitis also received national recognition for Player of the Week honors from the Walter Camp Foundation and as the Football Writers Association of America-Bronko Nagurski National Defensive Player of the Week.

Hmmmmm,
How did they do the NEXT year ?????

Ohio State 24, Texas 7
1 2 3 4 Total
Buckeyes 7 7 3 7 24
Longhorns 0 7 0 0 7

Ohio State’s Troy Smith hands off to Antonio Pittman

All-time record against Texas: 1-1-0

Ohio State employed an effective vertical passing game in the first half and a relentless ball control offense in the second half, coupled with a defense that improved in both efficiency and stamina as the game progressed, to beat 2nd-ranked Texas 24-7 in Darrell K. Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium, Austin. Quarterback Troy Smith, well protected by the Buckeye offensive line, threw for 269 yards and two touchdowns without an interception, directing a 10-play 72-yard drive in the fourth quarter that took 5:47 off the clock and secured the win. Although the teams were nearly equal in yardage (348 Ohio State to 326 Texas) and first downs (20-17 in favor of Texas), Ohio State did not turn the ball over and converted a recovered fumble and a Colt McCoy interception, both forced by linebacker James Laurinaitis, into 10 points.

Standouts for Ohio State were Anthony Gonzalez, who made eight catches for 142 yards and a touchdown, and Ted Ginn, who caught five for 97 yards including a 29-yard touchdown late in the first half that countered the lone score by the Longhorns. Antonio Pittman rushed for 74 yards on 16 carries and scored the final touchdown. Punter A. J. Trapasso was particularly effective; his six punts averaged 50.8 yards a kick and won Ohio State the battle for field position. Texas had two streaks ended by the loss: a 12-game streak in which it had scored at least 40 points a game (and averaged 52), and a 21-game winning streak.

Laurinaitis and Trapasso were named Big Ten Defensive and Special Teams Players of the Week, respectively. Laurinaitis also received national recognition for Player of the Week honors from the Walter Camp Foundation and as the Football Writers Association of America-Bronko Nagurski National Defensive Player of the Week.
LMAO!!!:D:up Yes i know.. You do know i was just messing with you right?

Texas would HATE playing in the Big whatever they would call it......

Can you imagine them playing 6 games in UNDER 35* weather ? :eek:

They would be LOST..........
Unless all 6 games were in late November, I don't see that happening. It doesn't get that cold until the end of the season (plus with 12 teams, you only have 4 conference away games, so it would be 4 at most).

Weather is hardly ever a factor in college football games. The Big 10 stop playing after the first week in November.

The point is this would be the CHAMPS!:up

1rsVictory03.jpg

Actually it's the last week in November now, previously the week before (Thanksgiving weekend)

Yeah you are right, I don't know what I was thinking, but anyway my point is still valid.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts