Big Ten to Expand?

Looks like the Big East is trying to be proactive:

Faced with a possible upcoming raid by the Big Ten, the Big East has added former NFL commissioner Paul Tagliabue as a special adviser for strategic planning.

Tagliabue, who was NFL commissioner from 1989 to 2006, will serve in the role as an unpaid consultant. He is currently the chairman of the board of directors at Georgetown.

Big East hires former NFL commissioner Paul Tagliabue as special adviser - ESPN

Tags will tell them to cover thier eyes, it's gonna get ugly !

Yep.

The choices seem to be to return to the original idea of being the "Eastern Catholic Basketball League" and forgeting about football, or becoming a even Lesserleastleftovers by letting in some CUSA teams, which, really, unless the league is guarenteed a BcS slot, there is no reason to pay an exit fee for any of them.

Big 10 Possible Expansion

WOW! No thread about the possible expansion unless it's in the DirecTV forum. :)
Mad Dog talked about this for most of today's show.
Missouri, Nebraska, Notre Dame. Rutgers possible to Big 10,
Texas to SEC.
Connecticut, Pittsburgh to ACC
Big East not beng around anymore.

WOW! No thread about the possible expansion unless it's in the DirecTV forum. :)
Texas to SEC.

From what ESPN reported, Rutgers, Missouri and Nebraska will say yes. The arrogant scumbags that is Notre Dame once again stated they do not need a conference. Notre Dame's arrogance is beyond me, and the Big East is SO STUPID to fall for their sh**.

The Big Ten SUPPOSEDLY also offered invitations to Vanderbilt and Maryland

Texas to SEC.

That thread was created in December of '09. Slowly, new news trickles out every now and then like it did last night.

From what ESPN reported, Rutgers, Missouri and Nebraska will say yes. The arrogant scumbags that is Notre Dame once again stated they do not need a conference. Notre Dame's arrogance is beyond me, and the Big East is SO STUPID to fall for their sh**.

The Big Ten SUPPOSEDLY also offered invitations to Vanderbilt and Maryland
Wow! I never saw the Nebraska invite coming, and I cannot believe Notre Dame refused to do what only makes sense. Well see what happens...

...Please do not even get me started with Notre Dame.....:mad:
I used to respect their football program...until.

2008294492.jpg
~AND~
t1_1025_weis_getty.jpg

Texas to SEC.
Is there a link for this? Or is it still speculation?

ND, when it is 8-1 against its cupcake schedule this fall, will be gushed all over by the lapdog media. Which is why it does not need a conference and will not until the media has the coverage to say "no" to Western Michigan, Rutgers, Army, Pitt, Navy, and Nevada as a schedule that is anything but laughable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts