BightHouse & ESPN 360

DrateR

Original poster
Aug 13, 2009
Central Florida
With all the new HD channels coming out soon, what are the chances Bight House adds ESPN360 . com access?

College football season is coming up, and I am missing out. I hear there is a way to access ESPN360 . com using my Bright House internet connection, but have yet to figure it out. Maybe someone here can verify if this is even possible.

Bright House, please don't make me switch my ISP just so I can access ESPN360 content.

!protest

I'm guessing all BHN service areas would have to make a master agreement of sorts with ESPN before this happens. Not just Orlando or Tampa divisions. And I don't think Time Warner Cable has it, and from what I've observed with past service offerings from BHN, TWC usually offers something in their markets before we, as in BHN customers, get it...as far as programming or other distributed media content. Could be wrong here but thats what might be in the way of you getting it. (Considering it's an ESPN product, it also may just be too darn expensive in licensing terms for BHN to want to agree to the terms of becoming an affiliate.)

GOOD News for College Football Fans! I have found a way to access ESPN 360 .com even if your ISP (brighthouse/road runner) doesn't subscribe. All you need to do is log on to your ESPN 360 .com account from an affilliated ISP (from a friend or family members house), and activate REMOTE ACCESS. Then you will be able to use all features of ESPN 360 by just logging into your synced account from ANY ISP, Anywhere!

Go Noles! :wave

GOOD News for College Football Fans! I have found a way to access ESPN 360 .com even if your ISP (brighthouse/road runner) doesn't subscribe. All you need to do is log on to your ESPN 360 .com account from an affilliated ISP (from a friend or family members house), and activate REMOTE ACCESS. Then you will be able to use all features of ESPN 360 by just logging into your synced account from ANY ISP, Anywhere!

Go Noles! :wave

i tried to get espn360 from my sprint mobile account but had no success. not sure how you are doing this unless the isp account you are using has espn 360.

The ISP that you use to sync your ESPN account with has to be able to access ESPN 360... I went over to my parents house because they have AT&T, logged in to MY ESPN account and synced it to THEIR ISP. Now I can use the remote access from ANY ISP to use ESPN 360.

Hope that clears things up. I didn't mean to confuse...

So he is using his parents access because of there ATT account to use ESPN360. Im not expert but id bet its someone against ESPNs terms of service.

Know anyone with Comcast? Same works for their service. :) It's not really against TOS when you think about it. You're using a SSO (single sign on) which is a choice from the screen that identifies you as not being on a provider they have an agreement with. You can then select a carrier from which you do have an account, authenticate using that provider's SSO page, and you're whisked into ESPN 360 *by design* so it's an intended landing. I just provide the Comcast email address I have under my folks' Comcast service where they live, (heck the email address is based upon my own name) ... and presto I'm watching. Now, ESPN still enforces blackout policies based on the IP address of the provider you're watching from, and not the provider's credentials you just used to watch the service, so you'll still be bound by their territorial rules if any exist for the game you're going to watch. You just aren't watching on Bright House's dime, pretty much.

There are reports that Time Warner who is negotiating for Brighthouse and ESPN/Disney have reached a preliminary agreement to continue carrying ESPN/Disney and in cities like New York the local ABC affiliate, It looks like once the agreement is finalized ESPN 360 will be available.
The ESPN360 issue seemed to be the biggest hangup on reaching an agreement

There are reports that Time Warner who is negotiating for Brighthouse and ESPN/Disney have reached a preliminary agreement to continue carrying ESPN/Disney and in cities like New York the local ABC affiliate, It looks like once the agreement is finalized ESPN 360 will be available.
The ESPN360 issue seemed to be the biggest hangup on reaching an agreement

Sounds good... I figured ESPN360 was going to be part of the agreement... Wonder when the deal will become official?

Good News, Bright House Has reached a agreement and we well be getting ESPN 360 access now :).

The addition of ESPN3.com, ESPN's live sports broadband network, which will be available to all Time Warner Cable and Bright House Networks subscribers who get ESPN. ESPN3.com gives Time Warner Cable and Bright House Networks fans a 24/7 online destination that delivers more than 3,500 live, global sports events annually as part of TV Everywhere. This addition also gives Time Warner Cable and Bright House Networks the rights to feature cleared content from ESPN3.com on its sports tier.

Does anyone know when ESPN3.com is suppose to go live on Brighthouse? I called them this morning and they were clueless.

Best line of the day:

Brighthouse Agent: "Sir, have you tried to access ESPN3.com yet?"

Me: "Yes, I get the message saying my ISP is not affiliated with ESPN3.com."

Brighthouse Agent: (Short Pause) - "Who is your ISP sir?"

Me: "Um, you are."

Best conversation of the day so far.

yea i tried too and nothing i called bright house yesterday they said we should be able to log in today the first lady i talked to said they dont have espn3.com then i talked to a guy he had no clue what i was talking about then he found out we might get today so i think bright house has no clue on whats going on

It's going to take some time to get it activated probable because they just made a deal not long ago just give it a few more days!!

UPDATE: I am now being told you have to have Cable service with them does not matter if you have internet!

A fear of cord-cutting played a towering role in Time Warner Cable's negotiations on its new carriage deal with Disney. So much so that TWC will soon make ESPN3.com available only to subscribers who pay for TV service. TWC is the only distributor to negotiate a deal placing that wall around the live-sports site. Every other provider that offers ESPN3 -- from Comcast to Verizon -- allows a customer to subscribe only to its broadband service for free entry. But at TWC, a customer who pays it $48.99 a month for broadband, but gets DirecTV, will be blocked out. Bright House Networks joins TWC with the game-changing requirement, since it is a party to the Disney deal.

Last edited:
none of the other cable providers who offer cable and internet service requires customers with internet to have their cable as well to get espn3. only time warner and dimhouse. and, oh by the way, i will be cancelling your internet soon for att. at least, i don't need to have their cable and internet services for espn3.

if i have your internet, why should i be penalized? just plain bad business.

Bad Business? It makes perfect business sense. It encourages people to get their TV service to get a bonus. Thats great business.

Sorry but if someone was going to switch just because of ESPN3 they would of done it along time ago. Or at least should have. It certainly will not be any kind of deal breaker for but a very tiny unnoticeable amount of customers. However those that do have BHN tv and internet will certainly appreciate the added bonus. Specially those who pay for ESPN3 on their own.

One question Ice, if ESPN3 is such a big issue why didnt you switch to ATT earlier since they offer it?

because i was hoping bhn would offer espn3.

but you are penalizing those who spend as much money for your internet service which is bad business.

but, hey congrats...finally after complaining to you folks for over a decade about my landlord stealing your cable, you finally pulled the plug on him. and you wonder why bhn is not among my favorite companies?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)