Biloxi, Ms CBS not in HD

Discussion in 'The DISH Forum' started by harleyd808, Sep 9, 2013.

1. harleyd808

harleyd808 Thread Starter New Member

WLOX and Dish Network have both agreed that CBS should be in HD in the Biloxi local package. I have the new Eastern Arc LNB and get ABC, FOX and NBC in HD but CBS remains in SD. Mgt at WLOX and Dish Network have been contacted and to date, nobody is able to provide an update or any information regarding this problem... Big football game 9/14 on CBS and not in HD on Dish. Bummer. Anybody know anything??????

Advertisements Register Today!

Reigster at SatelliteGuys
  2. KAB

KAB SatelliteGuys Guru Pub Member / Supporter

WLOX is obviously wanting more money for their HD feed than Dish is willing to pay as of now. Not surprising of a CBS affiliate.
  3. Tampa8

Tampa8 SUPPORTING FOUNDER 9/8/2003 Pub Member / Supporter

Harleyd808 WLOX CBS is a secondary channel of WLOX ABC and is a new CBS affiliate. (as of last year) I see not every channel there is in HD on Direct TV either for some reason and it looks like CBS and NBC have gone through some changes there. It very well may be a negotiation problem, could be a technical one.
  4. ross9

ross9 Active SatelliteGuys Member Pub Member / Supporter

CBS & NBC have been added as secondary channels to WLOX and WXXV. Best solution is OTA for local news & "move" to New Orleans.:D
  5. Iceberg

Iceberg We're here....RUN!!!! Supporting Founder

little hard to carry it in HD when there is no HD version OTA ;)
    (by the way...NBC which is a sibchannel on Fox IS in HD)

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

6. Iceberg

Iceberg We're here....RUN!!!! Supporting Founder

little hard to ask for more money on a HD signal when there isnt one ;)
  7. donebu

donebu New Member

July 18th e-mail response from the WLOX engineer:

We do provide CBS in hd to Dish. I have not heard what the holdup is. Hopefully they will have us in HD soon.

John

I don't have cable, but supposedly WLOX 13.2 CBS is in high-def on the local cable companies even though the OTA signal is standard definition. I haven't contacted DISH or WLOX about this because right after we finally got high-def locals on DISH we had the whole Raycom outage and was waiting for that to settle out.
  8. harleyd808

I guess I just don't understand. WLOX says they are providing the correct signal. Dish sent a team down to the coast 2 weeks ago to resolve the problem. Still no HD. Dish says it's supposed to happen..... WLOX says it's supposed to happen........ BUT IT DOESN'T HAPPEN. Who would have the answer ?????????????
  9. Jim5506

Jim5506 SatelliteGuys Family Pub Member / Supporter

Time will tell.
  10. Rtd2

Rtd2 New Member

Glad someone else is inquiring about this. I have relatives with direct tv and Wlox 2 is FOR SURE IN HD. but no HD on Dish or antenna (lucky for myself, I can get CBS in HD from H'burg with Antenna)
  11. harleyd808

I give up. WLOX engineer failed to answer my email. Station mgr danced around the question. Dish is "protected" from having to answer questions from their customers. Guess I'll switch to Direct when my contract is up and realize that no one cares :)
  12. Tampa8

Tampa8 SUPPORTING FOUNDER 9/8/2003 Pub Member / Supporter

Do you watch NBC? It will be SD with Direct TV they don't care either. (Using their site to check) If you don't care about NBC switching seems to be the best solution for you.
  13. ross9

If you do not understand "move" pm me and I will explain. It's the best of both worlds.
  14. harleyd808

Tried to PM but couldn't get it to send. My first attempt at PM and it was a failure....... sorry.
  15. dennispap

dennispap Active SatelliteGuys Member Pub Member / Supporter

You might need 5 posts to pm.
  16. ross9

​sent you a pm with phone #.