DishAnywhere and DVR glitch or not?

marklyn

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 24, 2023
Austin, Tx
I've been using DishAnywhere on my Google Chromecast dongle for several months. I keep the DA app updated and the Chromecast dongle is newish. If I go to DVR and pick something I've recorded that has, say, 10 recordings (ie: Naked & Afraid; Last one Standing, S01, episodes 1-12).
I press on the series and it displays the various episodes below, when I try down arrow down to the episode list and try to move to the left or right to see episode descriptions, it moves usually 1-2 shows and then the left/right button just doesn't work anymore. I can move up/down but when I return to the episodes list, it's like it's stuck and never moves L or R. Exiting the app and relaunching it doesn't change this behavior.
Been doing it for as long as I can remember but I only think of it when I use the Chromecast for travel, usually 10+ times a year.
It doesn't matter what series I choose from my DVR list that has multiple episodes recorded. Most of the time it doesn't move more than one episode left or right.
Of course when I'm home on the hopper 3 this works with no issue and I can 'get' to the episodes there and watch them.
Additionally when I use my Windows laptop and connect to DA with a browser, I can access all of my series episodes that way too.
Is this just an Android/DA issue? Anyone else have this issue?

I've been using DishAnywhere on my Google Chromecast dongle for several months. I keep the DA app updated and the Chromecast dongle is newish. If I go to DVR and pick something I've recorded that has, say, 10 recordings (ie: Naked & Afraid; Last one Standing, S01, episodes 1-12).
I press on the series and it displays the various episodes below, when I try down arrow down to the episode list and try to move to the left or right to see episode descriptions, it moves usually 1-2 shows and then the left/right button just doesn't work anymore. I can move up/down but when I return to the episodes list, it's like it's stuck and never moves L or R. Exiting the app and relaunching it doesn't change this behavior.
Been doing it for as long as I can remember but I only think of it when I use the Chromecast for travel, usually 10+ times a year.
It doesn't matter what series I choose from my DVR list that has multiple episodes recorded. Most of the time it doesn't move more than one episode left or right.
Of course when I'm home on the hopper 3 this works with no issue and I can 'get' to the episodes there and watch them.
Additionally when I use my Windows laptop and connect to DA with a browser, I can access all of my series episodes that way too.
Is this just an Android/DA issue? Anyone else have this issue?
I'd also report now that I tried DA on both of my ONN dongles (Chromecast clone basically) and the DA DVR recordings work as they are supposed to. I can fully navigate within a recorded series to any episode without issue. This is starting to sound like a Chromecast vs DishAnywhere app issue... no?

Reactions: charlesrshell