Bioshock: Infinite DLC FINALLY announced

yourbeliefs

Something Profound
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 20, 2007
Northeast
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in, although I'm much more interested in the Burial at Sea story line than the challenge pack coming out today. Things like time trials or wave battles aren't usually my thing. That being said, I had a great time with Horde mode in Gears of War. I think that may have been more to do with the co-op play than the actual mode though. With this being a single player thing I doubt the challenge pack will be something I play much but I am picking up the season pass on Steam today and I will give it a shot.

Even if I don't like any of the DLC I got the base game for free from AMD and loved it so I have no problem giving Irrational Games my $20.

I'm in, although I'm much more interested in the Burial at Sea story line than the challenge pack coming out today. Things like time trials or wave battles aren't usually my thing. That being said, I had a great time with Horde mode in Gears of War. I think that may have been more to do with the co-op play than the actual mode though. With this being a single player thing I doubt the challenge pack will be something I play much but I am picking up the season pass on Steam today and I will give it a shot.

Even if I don't like any of the DLC I got the base game for free from AMD and loved it so I have no problem giving Irrational Games my $20.
I loved Horde as well. I threw so many hours into that on GoW2 (before 3 decided to overcomplicate it) and had so much fun. Still, single player horde mode is pretty much a waste, as part of the fun of horde is the comradery and saving others and being saved as well, as opposed to just taking on an army by yourself. It looks like it may be more based on challenges as opposed to just throwing tons of guys at you like the final fight scene (which may I add is hard as f**k on Hard mode and will likely never be finished by me.) I'll likely be picking up the Season Pass as well, since $20 is better than the $30 for the 2 Burial at Sea packs.

DON'T GET IT ON STEAM! Get it on Gamefly for $15.99! Go to http://www.gamefly.com/Download-BioShock-Infinite---Season-Pass/5005479/?adtrackingid=cmju029 and use promo code GFDJUL20 !

Ah I knew I should have waited for you to go bargain hunting. Unfortunately I already picked it up from Steam during my lunch break.

If they're going to Rapture, I may very well buy the season pass before I even buy Bioshock Infinite's core game. lol In other words, this announcement pretty much pushes me off the fence as far as getting Infinite goes. The Clash in the Clouds sounds similar to Bioshock 2's Protector Trials DLC, which I actually enjoyed quite a bit. I especially liked how it forced you to adjust strategy based on the limited weapons, tonics, and plasmids you were given to use in each Trial. I imagine this will be similar.

Ah I knew I should have waited for you to go bargain hunting. Unfortunately I already picked it up from Steam during my lunch break.

I just played through the new DLC for about a half hour and yes, it looks like it's basically Bioshock Horde Mode. You get to pick your weapons and such along with added infusions and perks in between rounds. You get points for kills along with meeting challenges and having variety etc etc. I get the feeling that this was mainly made as a way to tide people over until the big DLC pack is released later on, as lord knows people were really starting to bitch about lack of DLC yet prominence of Season Pass..

A trailer for Part 2 has been released. Apparently, if you haven't played Part 1 you should NOT watch because it contains spoilers, so basically I won't be watching. Once this "drops" (as we say in the ghetto) I'll be all over this like carbs on fat cells..

I was hoping to see a release date at the end of this trailer but it looks like it's sill not announced. I loved the game and really liked Burial at Sea episode 1. I can't wait to play episode 2.

Just a reminder that this is a week away. Looks like I'll have to clear up some space on my SSD again. I guess it's time to bid adieu to Rayman Legends..

Just a reminder that this is a week away. Looks like I'll have to clear up some space on my SSD again. I guess it's time to bid adieu to Rayman Legends..

I didn't realize it was coming up next week. I'll be taking some time away from inFamous Second Son to play this as soon as possible. As for Rayman, just download steam mover and transfer it over to your HDD. I have used it lots of times to transfer games between my SSD and HDD. It links everything up for you so when Steam is looking for a game or save files on C: but you moved it to F: it won't know the difference. It has been pretty seamless for me.

I didn't realize it was coming up next week. I'll be taking some time away from inFamous Second Son to play this as soon as possible. As for Rayman, just download steam mover and transfer it over to your HDD. I have used it lots of times to transfer games between my SSD and HDD. It links everything up for you so when Steam is looking for a game or save files on C: but you moved it to F: it won't know the difference. It has been pretty seamless for me.
Yeah well also I'm pretty much done with the game. I've given up on 100% completion because a number of the levels are speed runs that are just more annoying than fun. Many of these are the levels that were omitted from the Vita version (then added back in later.) I've been doing the daily challenges but they're also running their course as it's basically 6 or so levels with slightly different level design daily (obviously programmed to be easily generated) with 6 or so goals that constantly rotate. Don't get me wrong, they are fun, but after a month or 2 you've basically seen all there is to see. And if you don't have any friends on there to play against part of the thrill is lost as well.

So is all the DLC worth a $20 season pass? I just finished Infinite, which I didn't pay for as it was free for PS Plus members, but I heard that Burial at Sea is really short, as in the two parts together barely equal the length of Bioshock 2's Minerva's Den. The Horde mode DLC might be fun and I could probably use the extra perks if I decide to tackle 1999 mode in the main game, so I wouldn't mind those. But of course my primary reason for getting the season pass is to get BAS as cheaply as possible.

I'm curious though about the BAS storyline... (major Bioshock Infinite spoiler below)
if the Elizabeth we knew in Infinite never existed because of how Booker/Comstock was killed at the end so Columbia would never happen, who is the female protagonist I see in the adverts for the DLC? Is it Anna, who we see in the crib after the credits roll at the end of Infinite?

So is all the DLC worth a $20 season pass? I just finished Infinite, which I didn't pay for as it was free for PS Plus members, but I heard that Burial at Sea is really short, as in the two parts together barely equal the length of Bioshock 2's Minerva's Den. The Horde mode DLC might be fun and I could probably use the extra perks if I decide to tackle 1999 mode in the main game, so I wouldn't mind those. But of course my primary reason for getting the season pass is to get BAS as cheaply as possible.

I'm curious though about the BAS storyline... (major Bioshock Infinite spoiler below)
if the Elizabeth we knew in Infinite never existed because of how Booker/Comstock was killed at the end so Columbia would never happen, who is the female protagonist I see in the adverts for the DLC? Is it Anna, who we see in the crib after the credits roll at the end of Infinite?

The simple answer, without giving away big story details is that there are infinite timelines and versions of these people. These might be different versions of Booker and Elizabeth, but thanks to Elizabeth's talents, their worlds are still intertwined.

I have played part one of Burial at Sea. Tax season has kept me from finding the time to play part two but I plan to fix that this weekend. I played a little bit of the horde mode but the only reason I bought the season pass was for Burial at Sea. $20 does seem a little steep for two story DLCs considering that many full length indie games are $15 or less. I got the game free with my GPU purchase and loved it so I had no problem throwing $20 at it. If you had it for PC I would suggest waiting for a sale but that's less likely to happen on PS3. I can give a better suggestion after I play part two but I have been so hooked by this game that I already know I will probably be recommending it.

The horde mode isn't that great IMO. It's clear that they just released it because people were getting a little pissed off that they purchased a Season Pass and there was NOTHING from Irrational for a while and even when they did announce it it was still down the pike, so they just threw it together. I don't know about you but I found the combat in Bioshock Infinite to be rather blah, so unless you REALLY like the combat aspect there's not much there.

As far as the story goes, from what I can tell BAS is a COMPLETELY different story. Booker is a detective in Rapture, Elizabeth claims to have some information about his daughter, and they set off to find her. The ending of the main story from what I can tell (as someone who hasn't even finished part 1 yet because I found the combat again to be tiresome) has no effect on this. It's just the same characters with new backstories and objectives. Hell they even rehash that whole nosebleed thing, although this time they do it after flashbacks which are done in the black and white photo style of the original Bioshock (like that infamous scene where you discover there was a gun in that box.)

I'd say pick up Season Pass if you can get it for like $5.

The horde mode isn't that great IMO. It's clear that they just released it because people were getting a little pissed off that they purchased a Season Pass and there was NOTHING from Irrational for a while and even when they did announce it it was still down the pike, so they just threw it together. I don't know about you but I found the combat in Bioshock Infinite to be rather blah, so unless you REALLY like the combat aspect there's not much there.

As far as the story goes, from what I can tell BAS is a COMPLETELY different story. Booker is a detective in Rapture, Elizabeth claims to have some information about his daughter, and they set off to find her. The ending of the main story from what I can tell (as someone who hasn't even finished part 1 yet because I found the combat again to be tiresome) has no effect on this. It's just the same characters with new backstories and objectives. Hell they even rehash that whole nosebleed thing, although this time they do it after flashbacks which are done in the black and white photo style of the original Bioshock (like that infamous scene where you discover there was a gun in that box.)

I'd say pick up Season Pass if you can get it for like $5.

I think if you finish part 1 you will see that it is a little more connected to the base game than you think. I don't wanna say too much about it but I think it's worth playing through if you are a fan of the series. I'm planning to play part two either tonight or tomorrow since I have the day off.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm still a bit torn. I wouldn't mind waiting even months for a sale on the SP, except to get the most out of the early bird perks, and to have any reasonable chance of getting through 1999 mode, I'd like to do it while my knowledge of the levels and combat in the main game are still fresh. And because I love the first two Bioshocks and Rapture so much, I was actually tempted to purchase and play the DLC (as mentioned in an earlier post) before the main game, especially once it became free for Plus members.

I'll look forward to hearing king3pj's impressions of part 2.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)