Blu-ray sales top HD-DVD

I'm sitting in the shop today. On vacation from my real job and I have no custom installs going on right now, daughters are in school, girlfriend's working, so I'm bored.

Anyways the Parasound rep is in basically analog outs are currently the best way to go as they are bitstream and have a higher throughput than PCM over HDMI 1.1 or 1.2.

It's all going to depend on what is going to do the decoding: player or receiver. If advanced authoring says that the players have to do the processing, it really doesn't matter.

S~

teachsac, thanks for the information. Since I do not own a HDMI receiver I am waiting for the Denon with HDMI 1.3. I am concerned that they would anounce support at CES and then say later that they would not have decoding in the AVR.

On another not will the 3808ci do upconverting to 1080i/p for regular DVD playback?

teachsac, thanks for the information. Since I do not own a HDMI receiver I am waiting for the Denon with HDMI 1.3. I am concerned that they would anounce support at CES and then say later that they would not have decoding in the AVR.

On another not will the 3808ci do upconverting to 1080i/p for regular DVD playback?

Nope. That is to be released on the separates ($14,000) and the high end model (Sigma HQV). It does do switching though like the 3806. We'll have to wait a while longer to find out for sure it have on board decoders for the advance audio codecs. That's just what they said yesterday.

They only kind of announced support. They just never said when. Like I said, the whole A/V industry is a mess right now.

Scott

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)