Bourne Ultimatum

BlackHitachi

Medford Oregon
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Oct 17, 2003
Medford, Oregon
Bourne Ultimatum

Great movie and i love the Internet Features!!

This is coming for a guy who said i did not need that shyte!!LOL :eek:

Blu Ray better get on the Ball some people may say they don't need that stuff just give me the movie , but until you try it you should not say that!

What exactly can you do with Bourne & an internet connection? Please explain the internet features.

What exactly can you do with Bourne & an internet connection? Please explain the internet features.

Here is the first one my Ex wife and My eight year old did!!

• Be Bourne Spy Game. Do you have what it takes to be a covert operative? Take this spy aptitude test and see how your powers of observation compare with Jason Bourne. You'll be shown different clips from the movie. After each, you'll be asked a question that challenges your ability to visually capture and commit details to memory. At the end of the test, connect to the Download Center to see how you did. Compare your score with others in the spy trainee community and find out if your skills qualify you for a covert assignment. All you need is your Bourne Ultimatum HD DVD and an HD DVD account. Sign up from your player, or at Home - Universal Studios Home Entertainment Hi Def and get connected today

Then we messed around with this!! Well kinda going to see if it worked hopefully tonight after we go and see Alvin and the chipmunks!!

• • Real-Time Interactivity. With Microsoft's HDi technology, you can navigate through the movie, bonus features and settings as the movie plays. Instantly turn U-Control on or off, or access Web-Enabled features at anytime. Your Bourne Ultimatum HD DVD puts you in control of a new multi-dimensional, high definition movie experience that's only available on HD DVD
  • • Web-Enabled. With standard DVD, the disc is the means and the end. With HD DVD, the disc is just the beginning. Web-Enabled is a new experience for HD DVD users. A simple registration process gets your HD DVD player connected to the Internet (via Ethernet connection) and puts you on the road to personalization, unique access to content, community building and e-commerce. You can download exclusive trailers, content and games right to your HD DVD player. Send your favorite clips, using My Scenes, to your friends via a buddy list. Sign up for newsletters, sweepstakes and special offers. Your account will live in the persistent storage of the player, which recognizes you when you put in a new connected disc. It can remember your password, if you like, giving you one-click access to the Download Center. You can even register multiple accounts with different passwords, all on the same player. To create an account, go to Home - Universal Studios Home Entertainment Hi Def. Plug your HD DVD player into your high-speed internet connection to activate these revolutionary web-enabled features. Using Microsoft's HDi technology, you can experience a whole new world of interactivity, right from your HDTV
  • • Download Center. Access your exclusive link to new Universal content, right from your living room. Your HD DVD player is your direct connection to new movie trailers, interactive polls and exclusive content. You can watch and delete, or save on your player for later. Check back as often as you like, because your player and an HD DVD account is all you need to enjoy a constantly evolving collection of video extras from Universal. Go to Home - Universal Studios Home Entertainment Hi Def to set up an HD DVD account and start exploring today
  • • My Scenes InBox. Universal HD DVD turns Bourne Ultimatum into an interactive experience worth sharing. After you send your My Scenes cliplist to a friend, check your InBox inside the Web-Enabled Menu for messages and cliplists from your friends. Every time you open and watch a friend's cliplist, you get to experience Jason Bourne's quest in a revolutionary new way--through someone else's eyes

There is a movie coming out, saw the trailer for it... somewhere... there's a HDDVD release that is basically a choose your own adventure with a crapload of outcomes/variations as a result of your choices.

More info:

http://wesleytech.com/choose-your-own-adventure-on-hd-dvd-or-blu-ray/327/

The ad i saw made it seem like a HDDVD exclusive, was a HDDVD commercial about this movie essentually, the article doesnt seem to slant either direction, so perhaps it was a Assassin's Creed-type commercial (Assassin's Creed, despite being multi-platform only showed PS3 at the conclusion of the commercial).

There is a movie coming out, saw the trailer for it... somewhere... there's a HDDVD release that is basically a choose your own adventure with a crapload of outcomes/variations as a result of your choices.

"Return to House on Haunted Hill" is the flick you refer to. I saw the promo video that was posted on XBox Live a while back. It is intriguing--the 'Choose your own Adventure' concept realized in a branching movie. I'm sure the movie itself is a real gem (NOT), but probably makes for a fun rental just for the novelty factor.

What is nice about this Bourne release is that its actually a decent film to start with...and the interactive bonus features are truly that, a bonus, rather than the only reason to buy.

In the end...I like the idea of the advanced interactivity. But I LOVE good movies in HD. I'd rather the money/initiative go towards restoring and releasing quality titles in HD that 50s-era schlock gimmicks (4D Sens-o-rama-vision!!!) to get me to watch mediocre films.

In the end...these features make for good marketing bullet points, yes. And I like playing w/ that stuff as much as the next guy. But marquee quality movie titles make for winning formats. IMHO.

I am watching the film first without any of the extras, as I never saw it in the theatre, and then will watch it again this weekend, and check out all the extra stuff.

I plan on watching this one on Friday afternoon. I have never played with any of the extras but this one I may just have to give it a try.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)