Bringing a reciever to college?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

NitroTurkey

Original poster
Dec 6, 2010
Midwest
Hey my folks own two 301 recievers, one is in my bedroom and the other is in the living room. I plan on purchasing a 211k reciever for HD to replace the 301 in my bedroom so we would still only have 2 active recievers on the account. I am planning on going to university away from home and renting a cottage in the college town.

My question is, if I buy another dish to put up at my cottage in the college town ( assuming the balcony is oriented correctly to line things up ) could I bring the reciever up with me when I am staying there? I consider my parents house to still be my primary residence, I would just stay at the cottage during weeks when I have class. I would of course bring the reciever back to my primary residence on some weekends maybe even connecting it to the phone at home to order a ppv.

Now keep in mind I don't want to do anything illegal which is why I am asking you guys. In the 5+ years my folks have had dish they have not been audited, just sent replacement smartcards one time. Is there any reason to think that would change assuming we stay with only 2 recievers? The only audits I have read about on here have been people with several recievers. The recievers we have now are very rarely connected to the phone lines. Do you think it would be wrong/illegal or cause any problems?

What you want to do is not illegal in the sense that you will not be arrested. It could, however, cause all kinds of hate and discontent when your folks have but one receiver to watch after an audit. Yes, it is wrong. What you are asking about is stacking and that's not cool.... That's two times, you want to go for three???

Well thanks for the answer, I guess this will be a no-go as you are right my parents would be pissed if some angry auditor called and shut off their tv. Or assuming my end was the one disabled I would be pissed to have my new reciever bricked.

I was hoping accounts with only two receivers wouldn't be audited.

That's two times, you want to go for three???

If you are talking about my making a second thread with a similar question, my first one was deleted before I could see more than one response. There are similar questions to mine that can be turned up with a search that weren't deleted. Just a bit dissapointing to have mine vanish because I would like some current info on the auditing criteria.

NItro I closed your other thread because you were told it was wrong and yout story of writing a book was not true. If you really wanted information call Dish. What you wanted was a way to cheat the system.. Good luck in school.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

American Chopper on tonight - Guide is wrong

Questions/Concerns with new 922

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts