Broken Pivot. Part Replacement???

Status
Please reply by conversation.

iBoston

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 15, 2014
North Central
I bought this for my 10' and it only lasted a little over a year... Yikes!

http://www.dmsiusa.com/linear-actuator/

At the end of the actuator where it attaches to the dish.. NOT the mid section.. The end, there was a ball bearing that the bolt tied through. Well, that bearing fell out, and my dish popped out and flopped on its side.. OUCH. I got it back in with a regular bolt, but it cannot pivot. So, im not moving the dish more than a few degrees back and forth. Can that piece be unscrewed off the actuator and replaced, or do i need to buy a whole new actuator...

Ps. I sent an email to the company, and am waiting to hear back.

I think its pressed in, have an actuator out in the shed just like it I can look at.

Reactions: iBoston
Here is a pic...

qarl3624-2.png

Are you missing the whole assembly with outer ring and ball or just the ball in the middle?
Even if they have the part, do you have a press? and the right arbor.

You might have to fabricate something.

You mean the whole end assembly,not just the ball bearing? I don't know about the correct part to fit in there.My actuator has the end piece 'crimped' on.If you can't do it with the original part...maybe weld something on the end like this:
http://www.agrisupply.com/top-link-end-cat-thrd-swvl-end/p/11907/

Lots of different sizes if you search for tractor 3 point hitch parts.I've been tempted to build an actuator arm from parts to mount to the old motor I have.

Reactions: fred555
Unless you have welding skills, I would just replace it.

Oooh, i like that idea.. Okay, ill get to the hardware store.. Maybe i can weld something to it...

Are you missing the whole assembly with outer ring and ball or just the ball in the middle?
Even if they have the part, do you have a press? and the right arbor.

You might have to fabricate something.

The whole rings and ball bearing fell out. I thought maybe that silver rod that houses the bearing might unscrew out of the actuator?? But, maybe i can weld something...

I wouldn't spend much repairing it.Since the actuator failed so soon...who knows what might break on it next.But for say a $15 repair,what ya got to lose.

You might can weld the old one back as well. Hard to sat without looking at it.BTW...I have never seen inside one...yet. ;)

iBoston,
Can you sell me the clamp that goes around the body of the actuator?
It looks like we both have the same actuator and I cant find the right size one.
I lost it before I had a chance to install the actuator.
Thats why the pictures of mine look new, it was never used.

iBoston,
Can you sell me the clamp that goes around the body of the actuator?
It looks like we both have the same actuator and I cant find the right size one.
I lost it before I had a chance to install the actuator.
Thats why the pictures of mine look new, it was never used.

Let me see what plays out. Ill get back with you.

Reactions: fred555
Thanks, its not a big deal if not.
I'd sell you my new actuator for cheap but shipping would probably be a killer.

fred555, I have a spare unused clamp. Yours for the shipping cost. :)

You sent me one a while back free and included with a shipment I purchased but it was too small and I did not want to bother you about it. If it is the bigger clamp then maybe I just order a spare LNBF while Im at it and include the clamp in the shipment?

Let me confirm what the ID measurement should be.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)