BSC621-2 C/KU Band LNBF

Status
Please reply by conversation.

greggor48

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 12, 2006
How good is this LNBF (BSC621-2 C/KU Band LNBF) on a Prime Focus dish? I have a 180cm Prime Focus antenna I just purchase and I do not want to use the offset LNBF so I need to know how good is this LNBF compare to Invacom SNH-31 which is offset and the BSC321SP Prime Focus LNBF.

Well since you said you don't want to use an offset lnbf, your SNH-31 is off the list. So it's just down to the BSC621 and the BSC321SP. The BSC321SP is KU-band only, so it's obviously cheaper. From my experience, if you only want KU, then I'd go with the BSC321SP over the BSC621, as the BSC621 seems to lack a little in the KU arena (I've never got a good strong KU signal with the BSC621, as compared to a dedicated unit).

The BSC621 will work fine, but if you're not needing the C-Band side, then you might as well skip the cost and the hassle of the C/KU combo. If you need the C-Band side, then you only really have one choice to choose from given your list/requirements.

C-Band is ruled out sice I do not think I will receive any C-Band channels. I an in the Caribbean.

dang greggor...give us a little time than 5 hours to answer :D

If all you want is KU, I would get a LNB that is for prime focus dishes. I have a BSC621 and it works pretty good for KU but kinda a pain in the butt to aim (buit thats just me). C-band is easier to obtain on it :)

ok the bsc321sp is a prime focus ku lnb but is standard
the bsc621-2 is c & ku uni this will give you the ability to get c band if possible or if you wanted to use it on something in the future expansion.

the snh-31 should work but as noted its for an offset dish and the signal quality might degrade a few points (if you have a offset lnbf just try it and see can't hurt to try)

so there you have it
one is a uni c & ku lnbf (bsc621-2)
one is a prime focus standard lnbf (bsc321sp)
and the other you might have right there .
hope this helps

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts