C.A.L.M. law

Lets not go down that road.... Dish has it's share of not following the rules..... Beyond that, it's more on the broadcasters, though Cable and Satellite were involved in getting it done.

Dish put volume control limiting functions on the dvr's several years ago with a firmware upgrade, and turned them on by default. It works very well. I haven't had any real issues on volume getting jacked sky-high by a commercial since that time.

I can't stand the volume leveling software. I always turn it off first thing. Makes everything too quiet and kills the dynamic range.

FSC has a different issue. Commercials are broken in half. They regularly don't finish a commercial before starting another one. I have only noticed this on FSC.

I can't stand the volume leveling software. I always turn it off first thing. Makes everything too quiet and kills the dynamic range.

I haven't noticed this with my receiver and tv set, and it certainly doesn't make mine too quiet though it does keep it from spiking above a certain peak level.

I haven't noticed that it works, but for those who don't care about blasting ads it's great they can turn it off. Dish certainly could police the programmers and actually use that as a consumer friendly policy and marketing tool.
Michael

I haven't noticed this with my receiver and tv set, and it certainly doesn't make mine too quiet though it does keep it from spiking above a certain peak level.

For TV speakers it's alright but not when you've got a decent sound system.

If the CALM law works and programmers & providers buy into it then Automatic Volume Controls will be moot. I sure hope this happens.
Michael

Last edited:
Back to sound leveling...NOT!!! If you have not already, DISABLE it. Dialog is difficult to hear...so compressed into everything else. BAD!!!!

Dish should only be responsible for commercials it inserts. The rest of the broadcast should be controlled by the network.

This was a problem where the Dish inserted commercials would be obnoxiously loud.

If Dish cares about their customer they should voluntarily take responsibility for policing the sound level of all ads. Could be a powerful marketing tool.
Michael

She rolled her big blue eyeballs at me.........I picked 'em up and rolled 'em back! Line from a song, but I don't remember the name.
Michael

She rolled her big blue eyeballs at me.........I picked 'em up and rolled 'em back! Line from a song, but I don't remember the name.
Michael

G.I.Y.F. (Google Is Your Friend) !!!!

http://www.mudcat.org/detail_pf.cfm?messages__Message_ID=3048021

The Mudcat Café TM
Thread #53951 Message #3048021
Posted By: GUEST,musicman
07-Dec-10 - 07:18 AM
Thread Name: Lyr Req: Homer & Jethro
Subject: Lyr Add: YOU BELONG TO ME (Homer & Jethro)

OK. Here is what I think are the lyrics to: "You Belong to Me"

Anyone know the lyrics to Homer and Jethro's "Love and Marriage"?

YOU BELONG TO ME

Bring me paw-paws in a paper poke.
Send me money, darlin', when I'm broke.
Make your will out to me when you croak.
You belong to me.

Eat some garlic and I'll love you still,
'Cause I love you and I always will.
That's why they discovered chlorophyll.
You belong to me.

My poor heart would burn without you.
Maybe you'll get heartburn too; that's true.

Let's cross the ocean in our motor boats.
Climb the mountains like two billy-goats.
Just be careful where you sow your oats.
You belong to me.

She rolled her big blue eyeballs at me.
I picked 'em up and rolled 'em back.
I hate the day I saw the pyramids.
That's the day my heart went on the skids.
Now I've got a wife and thirteen kids.
They belong to me (me an' Jethro).
They belong to me (fifty-fifty).
They belong to me.

All original material is copyright © 1998 by the Mudcat Café Music Foundation, Inc. All photos, music, images, etc. are copyright © by their rightful owners. Every effort is taken to attribute appropriate copyright to images, content, music, etc. We are not a copyright resource.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)