C-Band Hell

Status
Please reply by conversation.

arcticracer

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Oct 19, 2008
Fairbanks, Ak.
I was recently working in Pt. Hope, Alaska on a job and took these photos of the Village's abandoned Satellite TV Cable Headend. And you thought your installation was messy?

Pt. Hope is above the Arctic Circle, on the NW coast.

Attachments

• DSC00068.JPG
    DSC00068.JPG
    79.7 KB · Views: 324
  • DSC00066.JPG
    DSC00066.JPG
    74.3 KB · Views: 321
  • DSC00065.JPG
    DSC00065.JPG
    79.4 KB · Views: 298
  • DSC00059.JPG
    DSC00059.JPG
    76.2 KB · Views: 315
  • DSC00060.JPG
    DSC00060.JPG
    44.3 KB · Views: 324
  • DSC00069.JPG
    DSC00069.JPG
    74.3 KB · Views: 320
  • DSC00056.JPG
    DSC00056.JPG
    81.8 KB · Views: 305
  • DSC00049.JPG
    DSC00049.JPG
    47.8 KB · Views: 368
Looks cozy. When can I move in?

Screw cable! How 'bout I put some analog transmitters on the air with the relevant channels?
How's anyone from the FCC ever gonna know? - :confused: - :cool: - :D - :eek:

I'd guess that far north the dishes are frozen in place. Wow Iceberg there's a place that surely gets colder than where you live. You wouldn't want to spend to much time outdoors tweaking a dish in December.Tooooo cold for me!
Blind

You make sure you tweak the dish in quick segments when it gets really cold

oh and dont put your wrench in your mouth while adjusting something on the dish . You may not get the wrench out :eek:

Maybe the folks here at Satellite Guys should pitch in and buy it. Then we subscribe to Powervu channels and ditch the 4DTV world.
:D

Yeah I know the thread is old..... Point Hope is on NW Alaska coast, the sea is right across the road. Things corrode and rust badly here. Most of the winter it is cold, and windy. I was there a couple winters ago in Feb. when it was 25 below, had to replace a feedhorn that FELL APART due to corrosion and it was Aluminum. Villages abandoned their cable headends long ago in favor of Dish or DirecTV depending on their location. DirecTV is now using a 1.2 meter in most of Alaska with what looks like a triple feedhorn and close spacing, not sure if it works up North or not. Excuse my ignorance but I am a Dish customer and am not up on the DirecTV gear.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gbox/vbox power booster

Showtime still available from Skyvision?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts