Status
Please reply by conversation.

Techfizzle

Banned
Original poster
Apr 18, 2008
THE DISH: 31" Run of the mill Dish

THE RECEIVER: Drake 1424

I was bored today... very bored, i threw my dish on a barel, and hooked up a 3700, i got the info channel off expresvu 91 (which makes me belive the receiver has ancient firmware on it, because it didnt work a couple moths ago with an old 301

Anyway, I got a little burn out watching the info channel, so I look at the dish, then i spot my old corottor II sitting nearby from my old perfect 10, then :eureka!

I took the corottor II and sat it on the feed arm. Then I turned the drake on to tp 17 which is a buena vista feed, which is really strong.

Rotated the dish and lo and behold!

also i went to an auction with my father and spotted a 12 foot unimesh!! I talked him into going there he did, i got out and asked the guy he said sure, take it, so i looked it over first, there was a couple bents up spots near the edge, but a little hammering would of fixed it, it also had a very macho looking acautor with a weather boot, so i went to get my tools, the guy walks two foot out the door, and says "Hey Buddy, I changed my mind, leave it alone!!" :eek::eek:

I got to looking at it a little more, the mesh was coming apart in a couple spots, and there were a couple holes in, that look like they were made by a lawn dart!

I dont know what made the dude changed his mind, maybe he was Bi-polar? but anyway, thats the last dish i can think of in my area so it looks like im stuck with the $150 Perfect 10, witch i might try to jip him down to $125

Unless anyone wants to haul a dish to 61401 for $100, if you do, pm me!

Attachments

• IMG_0406.JPG
    IMG_0406.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 343
  • IMG_0407.JPG
    IMG_0407.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 306
yeah thats analog

I tried it a whole back and got TBN when it was analog on a 30" dish and a crudely attached LNB

Attachments

• ANALOG G5.JPG
    ANALOG G5.JPG
    291.3 KB · Views: 233
  • IM000218.JPG
    IM000218.JPG
    175.6 KB · Views: 235
  • IM000219.JPG
    IM000219.JPG
    129.7 KB · Views: 248
  • IM000220.JPG
    IM000220.JPG
    68.8 KB · Views: 209
yeah thats analog

I tried it a whole back and got TBN when it was analog on a 30" dish and a crudely attached LNB

That is so cool! I did too try a couple weeks ago with my bent up 3ABN dish, got some transponders to scan in but no picture!

J Rigger on the 30" looks great Ice, wish I would have gotten better results but knew it was going to be a challenge with that damaged dish! When using as KU it only works on Vertical Transponders only!

That dish is about ready to be a sled this winter!

It is amazing to see the c-band stuff workable on that size dish period! Nice projects guys!

Great stuff here, love to see the results you guys got! ;)

K E V I N
ftabman0_avitar-cordoba.gif

That pic was probably 3-4 years ago. In the corner I can see the DirecPC dish I had mounted on the deck railing and that hasnt been there in 3+ years :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts