Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
I am hearing that Radio Stations are being told that the current AMC-8 Satellite is coming to its end of life and radio services such as Westwood, premier, Skyview & ABC will be moving somewhere between 95 and 115 within the next year or so.

For me this is GREAT as I could never get AMC 8 here in Connecticut as it was always too low on the horizon for me.

My question is what will be required to pick up these signals?

I am also told (but haven't seen anything) that Premiere is currently testing one of the ANIK birds.. If true which one?! :)

I am hearing that Radio Stations are being told that the current AMC-8 Satellite is coming to its end of life and radio services such as Westwood, premier, Skyview & ABC will be moving somewhere between 95 and 115 within the next year or so.

For me this is GREAT as I could never get AMC 8 here in Connecticut as it was always too low on the horizon for me.

My question is what will be required to pick up these signals?

I am also told (but haven't seen anything) that Premiere is currently testing one of the ANIK birds.. If true which one?! :)

Wow! Sweet!! If it's anywhere in that neighborhood soon, I definitely want to try to blind scan any of them with my C-Band dish to see what I can get! :-D Motivates me to get my alignment issues sorted out. :)

Have scanned in about 375 audio channels on 107w. Quite a few more channels to dual illuminate and move from 139w. Would be nice if the audio services all land on 107.3w. It has been so convenient having 1800+ radio services on the same satellite for the past 15+ years.

Last edited:
This is what VLC Program Select Dropdown looks like on a Radio Service mux. LOL!!!! OVERLOAD!!! :D
VLC_Dropdown.jpg

They are silent except when they are broadcasting a syndicated show. For example the Premiere Networks Rush Limbaugh channel only has audio from noon to three pm eastern time. So when there is audio on them varies.

Reactions: KE4EST
spot beam in mentality; they are only vlc; or does it work on kodi? As the Alaska part was low power; and the satellite is put onto 107; they are scanning encrypted; but the audio is now sent National on the CONUS for Alaska in strength?

See, originally; on AMC 8; the beam was very regional; as it was a beamed "if Alaska" then the Broadcaster's could still use the 2 degree spot fir Alaska beamin'. Since Hughes; and the ku patern's have gone ku; the Alaska beam became their "spot" on and with the Pacific Multi-Continental beam it now broadcast's on still today. I would hate to say; competition is steep; but the Canada Ku is kinda spotty too; as ku; but not in C Band. I have loved the many CTV stuffers here recently; and dish size is smaller on new patterns; but the old stuffin' is still here. My 8' in eastern OR does not have ARCS anymore however; and i wondered why untill i saw they went to a encrypted solutional (cable). Free TV no more; there are so many to watch i do not miss them yet (but the customers on az/el do) Now into Broadcast TV signaling the beam is certainly Asian and Australian is who is missing; if I lived in Alaska; it would be a different story; as free tv via Cities is available (as is some forms of cable); but without a ku (small dish) subscriber box; and C Band scheme's have the real old Conus beam still flyin' there no more (even though they serve a spot beam minded. Am i to say they do not need the repetitive free tv; but they will no longer have the regionals (except in Alaska and NW Canada as they always have They really are still there? The repeat is just the provider; they now have an easy dbackup system on the 107 to send their stations throughout the normal NA beam?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)