C BUD Mount

Status
Please reply by conversation.

crawfrdb

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 5, 2006
I own a 8' C band BUD that I've wanted to put up for a while but cannot find a decent post to mount it on.

Any recommendations where I might find a suitable post? I've been watching for an old well casing for months but haven't found one.

Advice appreciated.

Yep visit your local junkyard, they usually have all types of pipe, sometimes new too.
I buy all mine from a scrap yard, the pipe shop wanted 10bucks a foot for one about a year ago, I got a 8' for less than half that at the scrap place, and it is twice as thick.
An F-5 wont take this one out. (well it might but the concrete and dish would go too)

You may also try a structural steel fabricator or erector. They could have some extra. But, sounds like your cheapest alternative is to go to a salvage yard.

The one that I found was being used as a corner post for a pretty tall chain link fence around a parking lot. They took it down when adding on and I got to keep it. It was 3-1/2" galvanized pipe (that's 4" o.d.) but since it was schedule 40, a piece of 3" pipe (3-1/2" o.d.) easily sleeves into it. Welded it up and good to go.

I own a 8' C band BUD that I've wanted to put up for a while but cannot find a decent post to mount it on.

Any recommendations where I might find a suitable post? I've been watching for an old well casing for months but haven't found one.

Advice appreciated.

I use scrap yards, got a 10 foot galvanized pipe for $10.00 last year.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Uncommitted, committed, VBox II, and Pansat 3500SD question

FTA Remote Codes?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)