Cable and OTA connection?

ColdBrew

Original poster
Mar 30, 2005
Does it do any good to plug cable in to the voom box? Is there a way to make it tune to cable stations? It seems to only tune to HD OTA channels and voom. I figure this means no, but no harm in asking.

Also my Silver Sensor antenna is diplexed with the Sat signal using something the installer had (I don't know if it was powered amp or not). It goes in to my room and in to the receiver where I guess it is diplexed internally. I would like to send that ANT signal to my TV's receiver too (it has a HD receiver in it). Can I use my Terk diplexer to get the ANT signal out of the SAT cable and then split it to the TV and the receiver? Where do I plug the ANT cable in to the receiver (is that possible)?

Sorry but the voom manual is next to useless.

If you still have cable tv it will work by connecting it to your voom IRD then when you shut off voom, it reverts back to the cable/antenna input. If you dont have cable service than , no you wont get anything for free.

I'll try that out. I take it I need the cable plugged in to the ANT connection? Yes I pay for cable. I have to for my internet access. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)