Cable went up again for me!

fedupwithcablevision590

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 26, 2007
I have all 3 services with an optimum rewards discount(OV,iO, Oo), yet I am now paying $146! I dont even have a silver package, the only "extra" I have is DVR, which is kind of a must with all the commercials on shows these days. It's gone up nearly $10 in the past year, it's getting ridiculous. I'm definately thinking about going to satellite...again. Fios would be nice, but by the time they get here I'll be an old man.:p

I have all 3 services with an optimum rewards discount(OV,iO, Oo), yet I am now paying $146! I dont even have a silver package, the only "extra" I have is DVR, which is kind of a must with all the commercials on shows these days. It's gone up nearly $10 in the past year, it's getting ridiculous. I'm definately thinking about going to satellite...again. Fios would be nice, but by the time they get here I'll be an old man.:p
I think thats bc the triple play is only $99 for the first year, then you pay reg price

Rates go up every year. Fios has gone up more then cable has in the past 2 years. There was an article on multichannelnews about it ill try to find it but it was something like the biggest cable increase for the last two years was some 5% and fios has gone up nearly 10? something like that. Dont quote on the numbers but I know it said Fios has had the largest increase of all the video carriers in the last 2 years.

Prices naturally have to rise. in the last 3 years I went from spending about 50$ every 2 days to fill up my work truck to nearly 90$ now. So that 40$ every 2 days has to come from somewhere!

Last edited:
When the dollar is worth 43% of what it was in 2000, that's called inflation.

So a 5% or 10% increase isn't really all that much when you factor that in.

Milk is now near 5$ a gallon here, when a little over a year ago I was getting it for "2 for 5" deals or 3.99 a gallon separately. Bread store brand was 89 cents (last year!) its 1.29 today per loaf.

With Direct tv ($75), AOL Dial Up ($25) and Verizon 2 phone lines(one for phone, one for dial up internet: over $100) total over $200. Cablevision 3 services toal $ 167. I'm still saving over $30!

Harrelson 69, are you not close enough to Verizon's CO for DSL?

Verizon DSL is not available in my area yet. They running the lines and are expected to ffer DSL and phone somtime after the new year. They are still waiting for City gov't approval for Fios Tv. I live in Marine Park, Brooklyn, NY.

With Direct tv ($75), AOL Dial Up ($25) and Verizon 2 phone lines(one for phone, one for dial up internet: over $100) total over $200. Cablevision 3 services toal $ 167. I'm still saving over $30!
If FIOS is coming, I'd assume that you've already got a high speed cable option. It costs me about $70 before taxes for lifeline cable and high speed Internet from Comcast plus VOIP service from ViaTalk. I can scarcely imagine having a voice line and can't imagine having a data line.

Then again the attraction to that train wreck otherwise known as AOL is obviously strong for people to be paying cable prices (including the cost of a dedicated land line) for 1/100th the speed.

My bill went up $13 $5 for Silver Package, $5 reduction in Reward Discount and $3 for cable cards
($.075 x 4 or $1.25 to $2 per card).

Oh thank you Great Dolans for not raising the OV/OL price as stated in the slip of paper advising of the price increase. But if you are lowering the discount for all three services by $5 wouldn't that be an increase in OV/OL??

I'm thinking of droping Silver, don't watch that much HBO but hey they'll charge me $5 to make the change too.

Well my water company just got state aprroval to raise my rate by 33%. Do you want to talk about electric and natural gas prices too?

Can you believe the crap, I'm right off long ridge... 33% ? FOR WHAT!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts