[CABLEVISION] NEW HD Channels -- INHD2 & SNY HD Coming 3/30/2005

hbk409

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 12, 2005
LI,NY
INHD2 and SportsNet NY HD Launch
Beginning Thursday, March 30, 2006, INHD2 and SportsNet NY HD, two new high-definition (HD) services, will be available to customers who subscribe to Family Cable and above on channel 730. The channel will also be available to business customers as part of the iO Entertainment and iO Business packages. A HD iO digital converter or a CableCard-equipped digital cable ready HDTV is required to receive channel 730. INHD2 and SportsNet NY HD will be launched over a three-day period; March 28 through March 30.

It is about time we get INHD2, now the thing that sucks is it appears INHD2 is going to be interrupted for SportsNet NY HD when the Mets are playing. Damn CV it's give and take with them.

What is so bad about that. We get the best of both worlds. We get INHD2 and we get Met games in HD. This is fantastic. Thanks for this great news.

Lucky said:
What is so bad about that. We get the best of both worlds. We get INHD2 and we get Met games in HD. This is fantastic. Thanks for this great news.

I agree this is great news. this is what i wanted them to do with yes or atleast one of there rsn's since none of them broadcast HD other than games. It does kind of suck that SNY won't be getting its own fulltime HD channel but I'll take the trade of as I'm not a met fan anyway.

MergaTroy6 said:
I take one day off of work and I miss the most important announcement.

hey you beat me to the sny announcement yesterday, so I got you on this one:D

Let me say on behalf of everyone here in this forum you two guys do a terrific job keeping us informed of Cablevision developments. I really appreciate you sharing this information with us.

I would prefer to have both full time, but this is acceptable for now. Hopefully by the fall we'll get both full time when they free up more bandwith. Thanks for letting us know. The two of you are the only reason I come to this forum.

Now all we need is ESPN2 (lots of HD baseball this year!) and Discovery-HD!!!
If we get this I will NOT leave CV (to go back to D*) when my Triple Play deal is up in November!!
I PROMISE!!! :up

Sounds like a Cablevision had to give INHD 2 as a result of the negotiations for Howard TV. Looks like iN DEMAND Holdings won this round in carriage negotiations.

rtt2 said:
Sounds like a Cablevision had to give INHD 2 as a result of the negotiations for Howard TV. Looks like iN DEMAND Holdings won this round in carriage negotiations.

Seams like that may be the case. The only comcast property left cv doesn't carry now is the Style network. I'm surprise Timewarner didn't do the same when they spanked CV over the AMC suit and force cv to carry left of TW properties like Boomerang and TNT-HD

liquidnw said:
It does kind of suck that SNY won't be getting its own fulltime HD channel but I'll take the trade of as I'm not a met fan anyway.

I dont know why they could give sny its own channel and use the hd ppv channel for inhd2 and preemept it when theres a boxing match in hd. There are far few ppv events that are going to be shown in hd as compared to mets games.

hbk409 said:
I dont know why they could give sny its own channel and use the hd ppv channel for inhd2 and preemept it when theres a boxing match in hd. There are far few ppv events that are going to be shown in hd as compared to mets games.

I think the answer to that is fairly simple. SNY is going to be doing their studio sportsdesk type shows in HD. I think Cablevision did not want SNY's sportsdesk show to compete with MSG Sportsdesk. If the SNY show in HD looked much better than MSG sportsdesk most of the HD customers would have been watching SNY for sports news. They wanted to protect MSG Sportsdesk.

I agree with lucky and the MSG sportsdesk situation. From the customer point of view, it would have been better to have INHD2 and YES HD share the same channel since YES HD only produces Yankees games in HD while the Mets Network will have more HD programming than jus the game. However, we understand the politics and this is acceptable. I may even rent a box for the summer just because of this new additions. Who needs MLB EI when you can get both Yankees and Mets in HD plus 3 games per week of baseball in HD in INHD! Give me a satellite company that can do that!!!!

i just dont get why we have the hd ppv if we are only going to show boxing events on it. At least put up discovery or the hd nets.

hbk409 said:

How about this instead?
Replace WLIW 721 with a channel that actually broadcasts in High Definition!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts