Cablevision Removing Analog Services

So what should they do instead? Not add more HD and lose the customers paying the highest bills to their competitors? All of their competitors require a box on every TV so what will people who don't want a box gain by switching?
In a time where people are trying to save money I wouldn't do anything to make them switch!!! Wait and see how much this cost them.
They gave you a lot after pulling the plug on voom didn't they. Voom the other big screw up.
I haven't seen the numbers but I would bet they lost a lot more customers in the last few years then E*. Judging by what they are offering people to come back.

Never-mind the equipment is as bad as D*, if not worse. :eek:

By the way with E* you don't need a box on every tv.

Well if you did look at the numbers you would find out that you lost that bet.
Well can you show us the numbers?

Really, what channels do you get just by running a cable from the satellite to your TV?
I have a dual turner/ dual output (VIP622) receiver so I get all my channels on two other tv and change the channels with my UHF remote.
I think cable would rather bend you over then come up with that.

Do you know something we don't? Cablevision doesn't currently offer such a box.

Not yet for CV but Comcast just started doing it. My parents just got their for free. I assume CV will do the same. It makes sense for them to do it.

Not yet for CV but Comcast just started doing it. My parents just got their for free. I assume CV will do the same. It makes sense for them to do it.

The Comcast DTA only works on clear QAM channels. For Cablevision that's only Broadcast Basic, so such a devise wouldn't work with Family Cable, which is where they are turning off the analog simulcasts.

Legal notice:

http://www.dpuc.state.ct.us/DPUCUnd...85256a63004def968525758c006938f0?OpenDocument

Although the channels will remain in their existing package, they will only be available on televisions with a digital set-top box or CableCARD. All programming will remain in the same channel locations on Cablevisions digital set-top boxes.

Analog customers that do not accept this offer will continue to receive approximately 45 channels through our analog expanded basic level of service on a grandfathered basis. Cablevision recently announced that it will no longer sell analog expanded basic service to new customers as of the end of the year.

Systems: Cablevision of Connecticut, Cablevision of Southern Connecticut, Cablevision of Litchfield:

Programming
ABC Family
AMC
BET
CNN Headline News
History
Lifetime
MSNBC
MTV
MTV2
Spike TV
TV Land
VH1
WE

++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++

Additional Changes:
System: Cablevision of Southern Connecticut (Milford/New Haven), Cablevision of Connecticut, Cablevision of Litchfield:

Programming Fuse

++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++

System Cablevision of Litchfield

Programming C-SPAN

++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++

System Cablevision of Southern Connecticut (Bridgeport)

Programming Galavision

You'll be forced to use the $7 box.

$7 x 4 rooms = $28 additional bux per month.:mad:

looks like you be getting one for free:

To ease the transition for our remaining analog expanded basic customers, Cablevision is voluntarily offering one iO digital cable box and remote, plus iO Navigation, free for one year. This offer will expire on July 5, 2009. Our analog customers will be notified of these changes through multiple contacts including two direct mail pieces and on-air notifications.

This free offer allows current analog expanded basic customers to experience more than 120 additional channels – including more than 40 HD services that are included in our expanded basic line-up, 46 digital music channels, access to 4,000 On Demand programs — including thousands of free selections, an interactive channel guide and enhanced parental control features. Analog customers that do not accept this offer will continue to receive approximately 45 channels through our analog expanded basic level of service on a grandfathered basis. Cablevision recently announced that it will no longer sell analog expanded basic service to new customers as of the end of the year.

You'll be forced to use the $7 box.

$7 x 4 rooms = $28 additional bux per month.:mad:

If one does not mind only being able to watch one channel at a time, use the RF output connected to a three way splitter for the other rooms with the box's HDMI, component or S video for the main monitor. Know it's not the same flexibility but it does save $21 a month.

Appears if any HD will be added, will probably be around June. Hopefully they'll move some HD channels off the same frequency and improve the picture quality of existing channels that are 4 deep in the same QAM channel, while adding more HD in June. Since 16 analog channels will give them a nice chunk of bandwidth once all digital. Good news for those with Cablevision and waiting for more HD, thanks for the news Scott!

Like I said, :p :

http://www.satelliteguys.us/cablevision-cable-forum/172052-cablevision-goes-hd-crazy.html

14 analog channels will be moved as of 5/19 on my system
curious to see how they handle the new bandwidth and when
in addition to the remaining 22 hd promised hopefully they eliminate any 4 HD channels per QAM

the 14 ch's, as expected, are displaying message that box or cablecard required
they did not make any changes to the qam's yet as i hoped
maybe before they add the remaining 22 hd'd promised

i have not checked ch's i would get without box in quite some time
this morning i did and noticed a lot of channels are gone, more than i thought
i wonder how many ch's are left - i wonder is cablevision has a list?

Here's the analog Family Cable channels left on my system.

Bravo
Cartoon Network
CNBC
CNN
Comedy Central
Discovery Channel
Disney Channel
ESPN
ESPN2
Food Network
FOX News Channel
FX
HGTV
MSG
MSG Plus
News 12 Traffic & Weather
Nickelodeon
SportsNet New York
TBS
TNT
USA Network
The Weather Channel
YES Network

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)