call back from DirecTV

Status
Please reply by conversation.

danielle_s

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 27, 2004
Dodge City, Ks
I recent called directv for some information and because we didn't signup during our call they decided to call us. You wouldn't belive what she told me. They have every single starz, sho, max & hbo channel available. According to their website everything she said was bs. So I told her that they need to update their website then and told her that we're not making any decisions til voom goes dark and that we're not happy with the current hd availablity right now. She even through in a free dvr and dvd player too.

Is what she saying correct?

danielle_s said:
I recent called directv for some information and because we didn't signup during our call they decided to call us. You wouldn't belive what she told me. They have every single starz, sho, max & hbo channel available. According to their website everything she said was bs. So I told her that they need to update their website then and told her that we're not making any decisions til voom goes dark and that we're not happy with the current hd availablity right now. She even through in a free dvr and dvd player too.

Is what she saying correct?

No, they don't have all those channels. Because of the free DVD player offer I think that might have been a dealer calling you vs. D* directly.

You can probably get a free DVR and DVD player. Not an HD DVR though. And as far as starzhd and cinemaxhd on directv, thats a lie. And there is only one feed of HBOHD and SHOHD

vurbano said:
You can probably get a free DVR and DVD player. Not an HD DVR though. And as far as starzhd and cinemaxhd on directv, thats a lie. And there is only one feed of HBOHD and SHOHD
The discussion of sd hd channels did not come up. When I mentioned that all they had was starz, starz edge and starz in black she's no we have every channel in the starz super pack. I think the original starz super pack had 12 channels in it and directv counts the west coast feeds and they have 12 channels in their package she got confused. I don't csr anyway. What pisses me off when they try to contradict me when I'm looking at the info right in front of me.

Starz Cinema, Starz Kids & Family, HBO Comedy, ActionMax and 5StarMax are JUST the ones on Dish Network that aren't on DirecTV. There are about 10 more missing as well.

dfergie said:
My brother got a dvd player when he got D* last fall... a 2 receiver 1 tivo deal... He did not mess with dvd player till after X-mas... it did not work. (apex)
DVD players and mini audio systems are very popular premiums that mass marketing dealers and even DIRECTV uses. The DVD player cost $11.00 and I will not participate in delivering these very low end premiums that have a much higher perceived value.

-Robert

VE Advanced Digital Technologies Dealer

Too funny, DirecTV dealer called today and said that he was authorized to give me a free tivo unit plus tivo service free for 13 months with a one year agreement. has anyone received this offer?

DTV TiVo Dealer said:
DVD players and mini audio systems are very popular premiums that mass marketing dealers and even DIRECTV uses. The DVD player cost $11.00 and I will not participate in delivering these very low end premiums that have a much higher perceived value.

-Robert

Robert,

I'm all hooked up and going here in Amarillo. Thanks again!!

danielle_s said:
Too funny, DirecTV dealer called today and said that he was authorized to give me a free tivo unit plus tivo service free for 13 months with a one year agreement. has anyone received this offer?

Just for clarification, danielle is not referring to my company.

-Robert

Danielle that offer would be in violation of Directv's contract with the dealer only Directv could make an offer for free programming/discount on DVR fees. Take it with a VERY BIG GRAIN of salt.

Danielle, I would strongly suggest giving Robert a call. VE is top notch and will give you the best deal, plus you won't have to worry about the install tech that comes out to your house as VE only uses certified installers.

I can attest to this personally.

The only person whom I'm allowing to install any satellite service is the guy that came out and fixed my voom install. I've been on the phone with the company several times since he came out and they are very knowledgable & nice people. They are coming out in a couple of weeks to install my dish equipment.

I just keep getting these calls cause I called Directv awhile back for pricing and other info and they decided that since I wouldn't signup for service they would put me on they're call list and bug me to dead until I sign up. But I probably never will and it's not because they've been bugging me but due to the fact that I don't want to commit to a one year aggreement. I already own dish eq so I don't have to worry bout committing to anything. I just posted they're offers to see if any of you guys were offered anything similar to mine.

Thanks for your kind words.

Neutron said:
Danielle, I would strongly suggest giving Robert a call. VE is top notch and will give you the best deal, plus you won't have to worry about the install tech that comes out to your house as VE only uses certified installers.

I can attest to this personally.

So can I. Unless you are wanting to install this afternoon, VE is the way to go.

Sometimes the best deal isn't always the best deal.... ;)

I must say, even with some procurement/shipping snafu's (no fault of theirs), Robert and Graham are top drawer. Interestingly, since I started D* through VE, I've had nary a phone call from anyone. Peace and quiet :)

Pat

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)