Can Anyone explain Sling Guide in Layman Terms?

I was invited last night and just signed on this morning. It seems very very nice.

While you can't watch the shows on your computer/phone without a 922 or a slingbox connected, you can choose "Watch On TV" and your DVR will tune to that program and start displaying it on your home TV. The same goes for your recorded DVR programs. You can choose to "Watch on TV" and the recorded program will start playing on your TV. It's kind of like using my laptop PC in my living room as a huge remote.

At the moment, the interface doesn't seem to be able to see my external HD. It only lists the programs recorded on my 622's internal hard disk. Normally, we only use the internal HD for short term TV show and series storage. All our recorded movies are exported to the external hard disk. I haven't finished exploring the interface yet, and may have missed something. Seems very easy to use so far. While at work today, I already found a movie I didn't know was on, and have remotely scheduled my DVR to record it.

I have been trying to get logged into Slingguide and can't get behond the welcome screen (SlingGuide Continue) Is this Beta still available? Do I need a Sling Box too?

Welcome to SlingGuide for DISH DVR Beta

Easily program your DISH DVR from anywhere with just one click using a PC, Mac or iPhone.
To qualify to participate in the SlingGuide Beta you must meet the following requirements.
What is SlingGuide?
1. You must be a DISH Network customer. Sign up for DISH.
2. You must have a compatible DISH DVR. How do I find out?
- ViP 622 DVR
- ViP 722 DVR
- ViP 722k DVR

3. Your DISH DVR must be connected to the Internet. How do I hook up my DVR?
4. You agree to participate, provide feedback and will not publicly disclose your experiences with this limited beta version of SlingGuide.
I have read the above, I qualify for the SlingGuide beta and I agree to the Terms of Use.
When you have access to your Dish Remote Control press Continue and

Thats as far as it goes, no way to go any further.

Last edited:
FAiello, try a different browser. I had the same screen as you showed, but there was a checkbox to acknowledge the disclaimer and then I believe a "continue" or "next" button.

In any case, some times I have found that selection features will disappear depending on the browser or computer I'm on. Try another setup.

FAiello, try a different browser. I had the same screen as you showed, but there was a checkbox to acknowledge the disclaimer and then I believe a "continue" or "next" button.

In any case, some times I have found that selection features will disappear depending on the browser or computer I'm on. Try another setup.

Thanks, with Firefox I can resize the text and see the whole page, for some reason that doesn't work with IE. Now I will have to wait till I get home tonight to get started.

Has anyone tried to add a third receiver? My first two went great. Now, my third receiver when I try to activate it, comes back with a six digit number, when it should be a 7 digit number. I attempt to re-activate it several times and always conclude with the same. Anyone else have the same problem?

Has anyone tried to add a third receiver? My first two went great. Now, my third receiver when I try to activate it, comes back with a six digit number, when it should be a 7 digit number. I attempt to re-activate it several times and always conclude with the same. Anyone else have the same problem?
Try putting in a leading zero to make it 7 digits.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)