Can I backfeed a TV2 Out Standard Def feed from a Hopper?

That's certainly not the case because TiVos don't tune analog at all (and I know that for a fact)

You should then also know that was a waiver that the FCC specifically made ONLY for Tivo:

http://www.multichannel.com/news/policy/fcc-grants-tivo-waiver-analog-tuner-mandate/262828

In addition, there is already a TV set analog tuner mandate still in place, which means any set a TiVo is connected to can display analog broadcast or cable channels, the FCC pointed out in granting the waiver.

My 2 year old Samsung LED 65" 3D TV does not have an NTSC tuner. It will only tune ATSC and Clear QAM

I too find this comment interesting. I have a 24" Samsung monitor like that. Are you sure your 65" 3D TV doesn't have an NTSC tuner? I can't imagine anybody building a 65" set and calling it a monitor. But I suppose, to cut out $5 in costs, maybe Samsung would do that.

Hello, can I backfeed a SD feed from the hopper to another TV in the house that only needs SD like I would do now on my VIP 622 when i setup the TV2 out modulator? If I can, as long as I have a remote in the SD room will I be able to change channels without interfering with channels on the TV 1 HD feed at the receiver?
I have a second SD TV connected to my Hopper. I connected to the composite output on the Hopper to a RF Modulator. Then ran a coaxial cable from there to the other room and connected it to the TV. The remote will work to operate the Hopper if it isn't too far away. However it will only show one output from the Hopper. Both TVs will show the same programming. I found the RF Modulator at Goodwill.

so you are backfeeding using your old diplexers and then splitting it out to multiple TVs for SD feed on them. Does the Hopper have a coax output that you run into your diplexers or do you have to output on composite and then convert to coax before diplexer?

I use a Radio Shack composite to RF modulator. It is an old school model, I can chose channel 3 or 4 as output, not like the built in one on a 722. But it works fine, at least well enough for the bedroom TV. I wish there was a way for a second output. I will say that I do use Dish Anywhere on my computer to my second TV at times, but the user interface is not really good for normal TV watching. Great to stream a ball game to a big screen, but not for normal channel surfing.

thanks for all of the input everyone, appreciate it like always. while i do not currently use the backfeed feature on my 622, my parents do on 2-3 different TVs in their home. I currently run HDMI and COMPONENT (over a 100' attic run) both from my 622 (yes, have to watch same channel but not a big deal because dont use those 2 TV's at the same time). I am considering upgrading from my 622 and 211 to a Hopper and Joey and, while i was aware of what I was gaining, I wanted to be clear on what I was losing. Also, I wanted to know for my parents as they were considering upgrading as well, but in this case it doesn't make sense as they would be paying an extra $21/month for those 3 Joey's were they currently just use the TV2 backfeed.

thanks again...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)