Can I get Hispasat 30W in Arizona?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ben.ben

Original poster
Nov 19, 2010
Arizona
Hi guys,

I have been trying to get Hispasat in Arizona, and elevation for this bird is is -1.9! I am reading that people can get this channel in east coast, but what about west?

I have a 30inch dish, coolsat6K premium, and standard linear lnbf. I have updated firmware with beeping one and I used an small TV and tried 12172 H 27500 or 12132 H 27500, but no success.

And by the way, the dish is on the ground, but there is almost an open horizon in front of the dish. As a second try, I brought the dish inside, and aimed it at the Hispasat from a big window in second floor, but no success too!

any idea?

Hi guys,

I have been trying to get Hispasat in Arizona, and elevation for this bird is is -1.9! I am reading that people can get this channel in east coast, but what about west?

I have a 30inch dish, coolsat6K premium, and standard linear lnbf. I have updated firmware with beeping one and I used an small TV and tried 12172 H 27500 or 12132 H 27500, but no success.

And by the way, the dish is on the ground, but there is almost an open horizon in front of the dish. As a second try, I brought the dish inside, and aimed it at the Hispasat from a big window in second floor, but no success too!

any idea?
Using Dishpointer.com and Phoenix as the location in Arizona, it shows you're below the Horizon and as a result not possible to receive signals from that Satellite. :(

and elevation for this bird is is -1.9!

that would be negative elevation.....not possible ;)

Heck for me in Minnesota elevation is 8.5 or so....dish looks like its aimed at the ground

Using Dishpointer.com and Phoenix as the location in Arizona, it shows you're below the Horizon and as a result not possible to receive signals from that Satellite. :(

Yes, I am below horizon... :( The point is I have heard that some people can get some satellites that are even below the horizon!!! But I am not sure... Also in the complex I live I can see two of my neighbors that have aimed their dishes at a direction that Hispasat should be there.. and the dishes are somehow slightly faced to the ground. I have not got the opportunity to meet those guys and ask them about the dish!

The point is I have heard that some people can get some satellites that are even below the horizon!!!
uh no...try again

below the horizon means there is no line of site to that satellite. No matter if you're on the 1st floor or 10th floor its still below the horizon

that would be negative elevation.....not possible ;)

Heck for me in Minnesota elevation is 8.5 or so....dish looks like its aimed at the ground

Lucky you!.... There are very few FTA channels available in the birds that are aiming US! That is why I am trying to get some other satellites that are targeting Europe, Australia or South America.... But no success so far! :( Any suggestion about a good satellite that I can get here in Arizona? I could find IA-5 (with the help of you guys! :D), tons of FTS channels, but nothing really caught my eyes!

Hi guys... You think i can get Hispasat 30w here in Massachusets....???
I got a 90 cm Ku band dish.....
I been trying but no luck so far..

Yes, I am below horizon... :( The point is I have heard that some people can get some satellites that are even below the horizon!!!

LOL.....uuummm....no

below the horizon means the earth is blocking the satellite....no possible way for reception....

think about it this way....can you see the sun when it goes below the horizon?

Boston yes?. Soon with the new Hispasat 1E bird (launch Dec 28) a 60 cm dish will be enough for the 5 strong TP's.

Hi guys,

any idea?

ben.ben,

You are pretty much out of luck with the sat being below the horizon. No way to fudge on that one.

Hi guys... You think i can get Hispasat 30w here in Massachusets....???
I got a 90 cm Ku band dish.....
I been trying but no luck so far..

gorgojos,

You have a LOS, but the signal strength (EIRP) might be too weak for your dish size.

The strongest EIRP areas for the North American Ku beam from the Hispasat sats (1C and 1D both at 30.0°W) are ALL of SD, IA, NE, CO, KS and MO. Most of ND and IL. SW MN, N OK, E WY and E MT.

Attached image is the footprint map for 30.0°W from SatBeams.com You can go directly to their site to determine the actual signal level expected if you are in any part of the valid footprint and thus determine the recommended dish size.

RADAR

Attachments

• HISPASAT EIRP CHART.gif
    HISPASAT EIRP CHART.gif
    101.2 KB · Views: 295
This is the recommended dish size in cm from Hispasat website. http://www.hispasat.com/media//Instaladores/America-30.jpg

It says 75 cm for MA and surrounding states. At least for the 5 strong TP's (Russian TV1 no longer avail but TP signal is still there) a 90 cm dish should be good. Maybe the "gorgojos" on your dish are killing the signal , lol.

For aiming try the new 11972H 27500 FEC 5/6 , it is the strongest TP for me nowadays. Remember to skew the LNB accordingly.

HD fan and Radar thax for your advice... It is cold now to play with my dish so i guess i'll give a try during the summer
by the way i don't have a satellite finder meter so it is difficult to find an specific satellite...

seee ya

ive hit hispasat here and it was 2.7 degrees above the horizon. used a 36 " dish and it was a pretty strong signal. i had to invert the mount on the dish to be able to get that low.

crackt out,.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)