Can I get the Locals of CHICAGO while in MINNEAPOLIS?

SpeedBird21

Original poster
Aug 11, 2010
USA
So im trying to watch the Chicago Bears this season from my area in Minneapolis, MN and trying to figure out a way that I can watch them. I have parents back in CHICAGO and had Dish Network change my "service address" to that address, while still keeping my dish in Minneapolis, MN. All the channels come in accept for the locals. I have two receivers, a VIP722K and a VIP612. Is there anyway to change what satelite it uses to pick up the locals from Chicago? Error code I get is 120.

I thought it was possible as my grandparents used to live in Chicago, bought a DirectTV dish and traveled all around the US and watched the Chicago White Sox from their Motor home.

Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks!

You're too far outside the locals spot beam - you ain't gonna get them up there.
At one time, DISH DID have the "big 4" Chicago locals on a CONUS beam, but they were moved to spot beam a couple years ago.

:(

Is there a certain Satelite and spotbeam I can try? When I go to this: SatelliteGuys.US_TheList - DISH Network 129°W

It says I receive about 62% reception. And I get channel 32 WFLD but only in non-HD quality. When I go to all the other ones it says im too far outside the coverage, Error 120. Channel 32 WFLD isssss the channel they play the Bears on, and if there was any way just to get that one channel in HD id be happy as a clam and not worry about any of the other channels :)

Honestly, whoever can get this to work, I will mail you a Giftcard to Bestbuy or BWW!

The SD versions of Chicago Big4 are on 110 CONUS and it can be done

They wont be HD but at least you can see Chicago locals in Mpls...HD is outside the spotbeam. No way to get them unless you go back to Chicago

Okay, Thanks man. Ill take your word on that. How do I exactly do that? Do I have to manually program the Satelite and Transponder? Or does it do it automatically?

Since the address with dish is Chicago just tune to the station.....they are probably up in the 8000 area. I think if you select 2,4,7 etc it tries to get the HD version

Yeah they are 6312 through 6315, and the only one that comes in is 6315. the others give me the error code 120 saying im too far outside the coverage area :( Is there anyway possible to get this HD, bigger satelite, change something, anything? Ill do it!

I'm not talking the HD channels which NO DISH big enough will work

The SD (standard definition) channels are in the 8000's and will work

Right on, well thanks for saving me agonizing hours trying to figure out if there was a way to get HD Chicago. I guess its better than not getting it! Now is there a way if I wanted to watch the Vikings, while being in MSP would work? Or would I have to change my service address back to MSP. I hear they have a Multi-Sport package.... does that do anything? I tried it last year and seemed like none of the channels came in.

Or can I setup a Slingbox Pro HD from a DirectTV box in Chicago, route it through my desktop in Minneapolis, play it out the dedicated 1GB HDMI video card from my HP Elite straight to my TV and not lose any signal quality?

Chicago locals in HD were on 110 transponder 17 but only as part of the All American distant network package. I live in mexico and was picking this up with a remote service address for my account but the signal got so weak, I didn't renew when the prepaid amount was up. I don't know if they are still there or if they had moved. I only have AAD for SD now and this is on 119. This signal has even diminished greatly for me since E14 came along. AAD SD is not from Chicago though.

So when you guys say Transponder 17, Sat 110, I get that reception at about 53-60%, but when I go to the channel, it starts looking for service and doesnt attempt to pick up the signal from 110, 17. It tries 129, transponder 9, then I get the message " No need to call us, we're aware of the situation". How do I get it to lock on to and STAY on 110, 17?

Chicago locals in HD were on 110 transponder 17 but only as part of the All American distant network package. I live in mexico and was picking this up with a remote service address for my account but the signal got so weak, I didn't renew when the prepaid amount was up. I don't know if they are still there or if they had moved. I only have AAD for SD now and this is on 119. This signal has even diminished greatly for me since E14 came along. AAD SD is not from Chicago though.

I'm not talking AAD...Chicago locals are on 110 TP22 The Big 4

So when you guys say Transponder 17, Sat 110, I get that reception at about 53-60%, but when I go to the channel, it starts looking for service and doesnt attempt to pick up the signal from 110, 17. It tries 129, transponder 9, then I get the message " No need to call us, we're aware of the situation". How do I get it to lock on to and STAY on 110, 17?

select channels 8490-8493...that is the ONLY way it will work

Ok, sorry. Im still trying to learn all the lingo and how everything works. Do you know if Direct TV offers HD Football package?

Iceberg, do you know what has happened to the AAD offering for HD? I don't see 110 tp 17 listing this anymore on Lyngsat. Even though this only worked for a few hours a day on my 8ft offset antenna, it was my only option for network HD; i was liking the Chicago cannels too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)