can I get white springs tv galaxy27 with a dss lnb

Status
Please reply by conversation.

nelms78

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 10, 2009
pineville la.
can I get white springs channel on gaxaly 27 with a dss lnb and a 18"dish or a 26"dish,or do I need a linear lnb and a 36"dish,please dont respond unless your 100% sure, thanks to who ever can answer my guestion

you need a KU LNB

can it be received on a 18"? possibly...it is a strong signal
a 26?" most definitelly

the only oddball thing of a stacked LNB is the H side is off frequency wise.

2 options to make it work
-set the LNB LO frequency to 13850 and scan V side only
-take the H frequency, subtract it from 24600 and make vertical...so 12000 H 20000 would be 12600 V 20000

the only oddball thing of a stacked LNB is the H side is off frequency wise.

2 options to make it work
-set the LNB LO frequency to 13850 and scan V side only
-take the H frequency, subtract it from 24600 and make vertical...so 12000 H 20000 would be 12600 V 20000
ill try that tomorror,do I need to do that before I try to get a signal and what are the best c band satellites that offer good stuff to watch,there are a bunch out there, but they have a bunch of grap that nobody wonts to watch

Last edited:
TMI:

hay will a stacked lnb work
yes it will
I feel it necessary to make one more thing crystal clear.
There are two kinds of bandstacked LNBs.
Dish Network uses both on their old SuperDishes.

SO, if you get one which has a sticker marked: "FSS", then you got one that'll work.
It has a local oscillator frequency of 10750, covers the proper part of the Ku band, and is Linear.

If yours is marked otherwise (or probably: "DBS"), then it will NOT work.
This one has the 11250mhz local oscillator frequency (LO), is for a different portion of the band, and is CIRCULAR polarized.

Then, there is the matter of the feedhorn. They bolt onto the LNBs.
It would be best if you double checked the bandstacked LNBs you have, and post some pictures of the dish and feedhorn you intend to use.

Just didn't want you have the slightest chance of getting tripped up, there. ;)

I've converted many of the DSS circular LNBF's into functional Ku linear units. It's not particularly difficult, but there are easier ways, since Ku LNBF's are rather cheap. I just like the challenge and making something useful out of my accumulations of stuff. In fact I may try it again with an 18 inch dish, just to see if I can get a good lock on WS.

I feel it necessary to make one more thing crystal clear.
There are two kinds of bandstacked LNBs.
Dish Network uses both on their old SuperDishes.

SO, if you get one which has a sticker marked: "FSS", then you got one that'll work.
It has a local oscillator frequency of 10750, covers the proper part of the Ku band, and is Linear.

If yours is marked otherwise (or probably: "DBS"), then it will NOT work.
This one has the 11250mhz local oscillator frequency (LO), is for a different portion of the band, and is CIRCULAR polarized.

Then, there is the matter of the feedhorn. They bolt onto the LNBs.
It would be best if you double checked the bandstacked LNBs you have, and post some pictures of the dish and feedhorn you intend to use.

Just didn't want you have the slightest chance of getting tripped up, there. ;)
I do have a fss stacked lnb and I am getting a good green singal on H tp 11.964 129 west but it dont say what satellite it is on and when I scan it,it dont have any channels on it,and do I still have to covert the lnb freguency like Iceberg said,and can I use these type lnbs for all ku linear because,I have four more,and bunch of dishes

I've converted many of the DSS circular LNBF's into functional Ku linear units. It's not particularly difficult, but there are easier ways, since Ku LNBF's are rather cheap. I just like the challenge and making something useful out of my accumulations of stuff. In fact I may try it again with an 18 inch dish, just to see if I can get a good lock on WS.
do I still have to convert if it is a fss stacked lnb

I have to go mow the yard Ill be back later,and thanks to everybody

Last edited:
trying to get white springs tv with a fss stacked lnb

I have a fss stacked lnb,I had to add the tp 11964 on my setup meanu on 129west,Iam getting a good signal,but it dont say what satellite it is,and when I scan it, I get no channles,do have to covnert,the lnb fq,or am I hitting anouther satellite

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts