Can one Slingloaded Hopper support using two different iPads simultaneously?

pvdb

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Feb 14, 2011
Oakland
I am considering upgrading to the new Hopper with Sling, but my family sometimes likes to watch two different programs each on their own iPads at the same time using the Dish Anywhere app. I currently have two VIP receivers that do the trick but from reading up on it, it seems just a single Hopper can only sling to one device at a time? Is this also true for the new Hopper? Maybe a stupid question but what if I attached my Sling adapter to a new Hopper, would two of the three tuners be able to sling two different shows each to a different iPad? If I have to get two hoppers to do this I'll probably just stick with my VIPs, though the new transfer app might force me to pull the trigger anyways.

I also wanted to make sure that premium content on my EHD would be viewable on the hopper, even if I don't currently subscribe to the channel (i.e. HBO shows recorded during a free preview but viewed after the preview is over). Seems like it was a software issue with the hopper that has been fixed, but I wanted to make sure I don't have 2TB of useless recordings once I upgrade to the Hopper.

I'd love hear from anyone who has made these things work, especially regarding using the Dish Anywhere app on two different iPads at the same time.

You can only have one Sling session going at once on the new Hopper. Hooking up an external Sling won't allow you to Sling from two tuners simultaneously. In order to have 2 remote viewing sessions going at once, you would need two Hoppers. As far as the Hbo content, you should still be able to view content you recorded on free preview even if you do not subscribe to the channel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)