Can you go more than 3 HD receivers w/o a DPP44?

TheKrell

A mighty and noble race originating on Altair IV.
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 4, 2007
Fairfax, VA
Back in my SD days, I had a mixed arc setup with a DP twin and a DP dual (for 61.5) feeding a DP34 which then fed a DPP33 for my duo receivers. The DP dual internal switch did not perturb the operation of the DP34 nor the DPP33, and I could feed 3 duo receivers and 4 more solo receivers with all receivers seeing all 3 satellites.

I now have an EA dish with 3 VIP DVRs fed directly from the built-in switch. If I want to add another receiver, do I have to add a rather expensive DPP44? Or can I simply feed the EA dish cables to the DP34 as before?

Well the DP34 isn't "recommended" for use with DPP LNBs, however it will probably work. Keep in mind that with the DP34 each dual tuner will need two coax runs.

EDIT: Also, at least two receivers must be powered and connected to the DP34 so it can get the power it needs.

Right. But back in the day, I ran my duo receivers off the DPP33 rather than the DP34. The DPP33 has no passthrough ports so the DP34 has to go first. It handled the DP twin just fine, which is why I was wondering if it could handle a DPP twin, or more to the point, the 1000.4 LNB/switch assembly.

From my experience in the field and from Dish training, a dpp lnbf will not work with a dp34 switch, you would have to use dp lnbf's.

Why in heck won't the 1000.4 LNB default to standard already-assigned sats out the relevant outputs without being commanded to switch? :rant: That is just perverse.

Your other idea sounds promising, since I already have two brand new/never used DP duals sitting in a drawer. Is there a suitable yoke available for mounting dual lnb on a 1000.4 dish?

The DPP44 has a power brick which is why it can feed 4 receivers with 4 satellites and have pass through(s) for another switch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts