Does the DPP44 switch work with Hopper type receivers?

Dish Fan

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 18, 2019
Phoenix
I have an installation with several VIP211z receivers, and I'm considering upgrading some to the Hopper receiver. My question is whether I can use my current DPP44, or if I need to upgrade (add) my installation with a DPH42 and perhaps something additional. I would prefer to simply replace the receiver if possible, without needing to modify my installation or add any type of switch or splitter.

Thank you in advance.

I have an installation with several VIP211z receivers, and I'm considering upgrading some to the Hopper receiver. My question is whether I can use my current DPP44, or if I need to upgrade (add) my installation with a DPH42 and perhaps something additional. I would prefer to simply replace the receiver if possible, without needing to modify my installation or add any type of switch or splitter.

Thank you in advance.
You'll need a Hybrid LNBF and Hybrid LNBF Bracket and a 42 Switch ONLY if you're going to have more than 1 hopper 3.
A Hybrid LNBF and Solo Hub for a Hopper 2/Sling or a Duo Hub for 2 Hopper 2/Slings.
For a Hopper 2/Sling, you can use a 44 Switch with a Solo node off ports 2 and 3 (Port 1 to the Power Inserter) or for more than 1 Hopper 2/Sling ports 2, 3, and 4 out to the Duo Node, if you can't access your Dish to change the LNBF, but the Hybrid LNBF and Hub is the best way to go for a Hopper 2, 2 Hopper 2's or a Hopper 3.

You'll need a Hybrid LNBF and Hybrid LNBF Bracket and a 42 Switch ONLY if you're going to have more than 1 hopper 3.
A Hybrid LNBF and Solo Hub for a Hopper 2/Sling or a Duo Hub for 2 Hopper 2/Slings.
For a Hopper 2/Sling, you can use a 44 Switch with a Solo node off ports 2 and 3 (Port 1 to the Power Inserter) or for more than 1 Hopper 2/Sling ports 2, 3, and 4 out to the Duo Node, if you can't access your Dish to change the LNBF, but the Hybrid LNBF and Hub is the best way to go for a Hopper 2, 2 Hopper 2's or a Hopper 3.
Thank you very much.

Reactions: charlesrshell