Cancel VOOM? I would have to be crazy!

slacker9876

Professional Amatuer
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 20, 2004
Spokane, WA
Let me preface this by saying I will not address in this thread or via PM or e-mail what Voom did for me. It would be bad for Voom if everyone knew and would not be able to make the offers that they did to me if we “all” had this knowledge. The reason for the post is to let everyone know that VOOM has EXCELLENT customer service & retention.

I will just say that I will be staying on with then despite my various reasons and desires to cancel. I KNOW now their customers are very important to them. I imagine I’ll be having more to do with VOOM and promoting their services and I may even shed my D*TiVo and D*.

I did note that I only needed to wait less than 3 minutes for a CSR in the middle of the day, this helped my attitude a lot. So before you think of canceling remember that no one has the number of HD channels they do. Voom has made what I would consider to be strides in customer service and programming / picture quality in the last two weeks given the number of subscribers we know they are dealing with. They have given me a “fair” shake and I plan to return the favor by staying on with them for no less than 8 months.

If you are still considering canceling, listen to your CSR and what they have to offer. They are more than fair and do wish to retain subscribers. I would also suggest that despite problems getting through and PQ issues than you remain polite. It is not their fault.

Off thread … In my speaking with then I asked for clarification on many of the rumors I read on this and other forums. I was told they are planning a Q3 release of their DVR, they are planning for the demand they will have as well. They also confirmed (Wilt already did too) that new software is coming soon and will address the issues listed in other threads. They also confirmed that there is an STB shortage, they were quite vague, however, with the free install I am sure they are inundated with calls for new service.

Do you know if the DVR will be free as an upgrade or will you have to buy it?

RE: [VOOM] Re: Cancel VOOM? I would have to be crazy!

I do not know.

-----Original Message-----
From: DBENE [mailto:DBENE.17nf2m@nobody.satelliteguys.us]
Sent: Thursday, June 10, 2004 2:57 PM
To: VOOM@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [VOOM] Re: Cancel VOOM? I would have to be crazy!

Do you know if the DVR will be free as an upgrade or will you have to
buy it?

--
DBENE

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

ADVERTISEMENT

<http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=129vfr57k/M=285832.5035993.6164948.1793556/D=groups
/S=1705036932:HM/EXP=1086980482/A=2178649/R=0/SIG=14dcd1v5j/*http://www.hous
eholdfinance.com/ln/TrackingServlet?cmd_MediaCode=&fc=APS&mkt=000&mc=01PSYAY
A004001B220000U0300L0050000000000&dest=HOME_PAGE> click here

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=285832.5035993.6164948.1793556/D=groups/S=
:HM/A=2178649/rand=750177418>

_____

Yahoo! Groups Links

* To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/VOOM/

* To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
VOOM-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
<mailto:VOOM-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?subject=Unsubscribe>

* Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service
<http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

I Like VOOM so much I just purchased stock today, its; gonna fly....
I recently purchase a Panosonic PT-60LC13 LCD Projection HDTV Monitor to replace my Pro Scan 52" CRT. The reason I didn't buy an HDTV sooner was lack of HD programming by DirecTV or my local (Adelphia) cable co. which I get thru my HOA. Why have a HDTV if you can't watch much HDTV ???
VOOM was the answer and I am very pleased with it.

I purchased my TV at Brandsmart USA here in S. Florida. They offered free VOOM instalation ($149), free receiver ($500) + $500 rebate from VOOM on the purchase price of my TV, I have a 2 yr contract for the Va Va VOOM plan ($89 month) gives me all their programming, it has "all" the channels I normally watch + "all" the premium (east & west coast) channels + 2 counties of local on air, if I cancell in the 2 yrs I have to give back the $500 rebate, fair enough.
Well, the picture & audio is "EXCELLENT", it was installed within 3 days by a very professional installer that was very knowledgable and helpful. I only use my cable as back up and I have reduced my DirecTV to only local channels just to keep it. Although the picture quality is good with the DirecTV & cable,once you've seen the VOOM quality its hard to watch the others.
I do suggest using the DVI video & optical or dig. coax audio input with VOOM,
GiGo very much applies with digital... DirectV & my cable do not offer DVI input and the quality is evident, I understand I could use my TIVO but would have to surrender use of the DVI, although I'm a TIVO fanatic ( also own stock) I can wait for VOOM to come out with a DVR rather than give up the quality & HD programming it gives me.

All VOOM programming that is SD is formatted to fit my widescreen without the distortion of JUST,FULL or ZOOM that I have to use with cable or DTV.
The HDTV programming is as good or better than DVD and the audio is excellent (comes with a load of music channels). The on air antenea gets both HD & non HD programming crisper & clearer than cable or DirecTV, SD on air network programing comes in at 4.3 and cannot be altered with Aspect change buy is great quality...

Things that could be better are:
Channel line up menus could be more user freindly(like TIVO), but does have favorites option & HDTV only screens. It takes about 4 to 5 seconds to switch channels, there is no "previous channel" button on remote and most frustrating is "NO TIVO" service available, but this too I'm sure will change as the company grows... other than that, I love it. The lack of TIVO is a big deal to me, although DirecTV is in bed with TIVO and now offer a HDTV DirecTV TIVO for $900+ DirecTV has very little HDTV programming and TIVO is as of now, not developing a cable/satalite compatible HDTV TIVO, think they are trying to squeese out the cable companies..??? I have heard that VOOM is working on a PVR reciever to be out by end of year.

When TIVO first came out I bought stock because I liked the product and thought others would too, I was right & my TIVO stock has done very well by me. I feel the same about VOOM. They have the most up to date HDTV tech. available (way ahead of DirecTV) are ahead of the curve in the HDTV delivery business and although some of the negative experiece reviews I have read indicate frustration & displeasure with VOOM, I am aware they are a new company going thru new company growing pains while trying to keep up with demand. These negative reviews are like the network news, its all bad, they don't broadcast good news, people tend to voice displeasure much more than satisfaction, that is why I am taking the time to write this review.

All in all, I would not of purchased a HDTV now if it wasn't for VOOM (would have waited for more availabe HD programming while HDTV prices went down)
buy I'm glad I did. I'm watching stuff I've never watched before because the picture & sound is so nice...!!!! I highly recomend VOOM.