Can't find CSI in the Transfer to EHD screen

bwexler

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 29, 2007
San Marcos, CA
When I attempt to transfer CSI episodes on the internal HD to the EHD I can see CSI NY and CSI Miami in the alpha listing but not CSI (Vegas).
When I sort by date, still no CSI.
Why can't I see CSI, so I can transfer it?

If it was recorded by PTAT then you cannot move it to the EHD until your "keep" time has expired, default 8 days.

I recommend setting the keep time to the minimum 2 days, and doing a Save or Save Series on the programs in the PTAT listing. Doing a Save Series is a good idea whether under PTAT or not. You can will see a blue badge with letter S.

-Ken

I have the exact problem.

I went ahead and deleted everything from CBS in PTAT but still can't transfer. I guess I have to wait.

You only needed to "Save Series" and reduce the keep time. Then the next recordings could be moved earlier. It is not CBS, it is PTAT. Or you could use PTAT only on days where you have 2 to 4 recordings at the same time on those channels. And only for channels which can be helped. This would keep the other 2 tuners for non-PTAT content and not pile up things to delete from the PTAT folder.
-Ken

It's been over 8 days since the last CSI recording date. It's been a week since I disabled PTAT AND disconnected the last Hopper (even I made sure to disconnect the antenna first before the switch so the old receiver can still be active for a little longer).

Today I put the old Hopper back. Even though the subscription is still active. The last 3 remaining CSI episodes still don't show up on the Transfer List.

What gives?

I have PTAT enabled for every day. I also have timers set for each of the network programs that are part of PTAT. However none of the network programs show up so that they could be transferred to an EHD.

I understand that anything newer than eight days not be allowed to transfer. But the majority of the program are much older than that, some even 3-4 months. What the heck is going on? I've got a HWS on the way and need to transfer my unwatched programs...either that or I'm going to have to skip work and start watching TV 24/7!

Limit the days of the week to 1, the channels to 1, pick the least used day and set 2 day limit.
Set regular timers for the programs you want with Protect turned on.
You should be able to transfer them from Recordings to the EHD as soon as recorded with no pile-up in PTAT list.

-Ken

Limit the days of the week to 1, the channels to 1, pick the least used day and set 2 day limit.
Set regular timers for the programs you want with Protect turned on.
You should be able to transfer them from Recordings to the EHD as soon as recorded with no pile-up in PTAT list.

-Ken

Thanks for the ideas...did all that, and still do not see Elementary, Modern Family, Revolution, Person of Interest, Grimm, Simpsons, etc in my list of recordings that can be transferred. So all four networks have programs I cannot transfer.

Already had timers for each program but they are not marked as Protect...can that be the issue?

Any other ideas? The new HWS will arrive tomorrow.

The EHD transfer screen has been pretty buggy for me for a while now. Sometimes it still won't show all my recordings as available to transfer. Usually the next day after the nightly reboot it fixes itself though.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

Yeah they're all under My Recordings...they just don't show up on the transfer to EHD screen.

Well I discovered my issue. i was trying to use Folder view...which means even jf one program is within the PTAT lockout period, the entire folder is hidden from view. But I discovered a workaround to that issue (other than the no folder view). I deleted the most recent recording that is within the 8 day PTAT window, then the other seven episodes of that particular program show up as on the transfer to EHD screen. So evidently if you have a single program that is part of the PTAT transfer blackout then none of the episodes show up in Folder view.

Last edited:
Thanks for the ideas...did all that, and still do not see Elementary, Modern Family, Revolution, Person of Interest, Grimm, Simpsons, etc in my list of recordings that can be transferred. So all four networks have programs I cannot transfer.

Already had timers for each program but they are not marked as Protect...can that be the issue?
The reason for protect was to keep them from being deleted after the 2-8 day timeout when I still had PTAT.

This is only a problem if you have PTAT set for them also. Choose one way.

As you found out it may take a few days to flush out the PTATs.

Making PTAT ineffective, while actively keeping the Hopping, works for me.

-Ken

component audio

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)